This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Brake light

Hi how are doing? Can u show me a diagram installing a 48 volt brake light. This I'd the description Voltage: 48V Function: Led Tail Lamp with Reflector Connection: Yellow: Tail light Positive Green: Tail light Negative Red: Brake light Positive Blue: Brake light Negative This is the system that I'm running 1 of : 48 Volt 150 Amp Power Contactor (RLY-48150) 1 of : 48 Volt 2000 Watt Electric Scooter Speed Controller (SPD-482000A) The 48 volt throttle with the key, it has the k at the end. How do I connect the brake light to this system?? Thanks for your help

Here is a basic wiring diagram. There should be a fuse between the switches and battery pack which for simplicity is not shown in the diagram.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

OK I think I got it. I'm going to hook it up and see. I have a different question. Just finished hooking up 48 volt system controller, power contactor battery, throttle. The thing is the power contactor is warming up is that normal. I touch it and I think I can bear it but I don't know if it will get hotter. Turn it off cause I don't want a damage. It cool down wen I turn off power
Can u show me how to hook the brake light to this system?
The power contactor will get hot to the touch so that is nothing to worry about. It is rated for continuous duty so you can leave it on for as long as you like without it overheating.

Here is the new wiring diagram.

OK thank u so much.
Hold on. The brake light still connects like this even though I'm going to connect it to the controller motor cut of wire??

To connect the brake switch to the controller's motor cut off wires and a brake light, a 48 Volt relay such as item # RLY-4860 will be needed.

Here is the wiring diagram including the relay.

So on the diagram are u saying both wires coming from the brake lever is positives or are u talking about the red wire??
I'm a little confused cause the brake lever I'm trying to use is the original ecosmart brake lever
Both of the brake switch wires will be whatever polarity is chosen to be wired to the brake switch. In the most recent wiring diagram, positive current is wired to the brake switch.

If the brake switch has two different color wires, such as red and black, then it does not matter which color wire goes to the battery pack or to the lamp and relay.

So are u saying both of the wires are positives??
OK I was thinking of adding a potentiometer to add cruise control. How do wire this to the system???
Both of the brake switch wires would have positive current flowing through them when the brake switch was in the closed position.

Here is the wiring diagram with a potentiometer added for cruise control.

OK thank u so much

Login or Signup to post a comment