This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

parts needed to convert a belt driven scooter to a chain driven scooter

I have a scooter that the motor is no good but it is belt driven and the belt driven motor is not available  so I need to change it to chain driven instead the motor is SD 24 volt 600 watt I need to know what parts I need to change it over to chain drive and the prices of all the parts including the motor.

Regarding the measurements I was referring to the big sprocket that is attached to the rear wheel.

The photos you attached do not show all of the belt cog mounting bolts, but it looks like there are three of them from the two that I can see. If there are four instead of three then unfortunately none of our wheel sprockets have holes in the right places either.

To make it work the existing belt cog could be overlaid on top of the new chain sprocket and the positions of the mounting holes marked. Then new mounting holes could be drilled in the chain sprocket to match the positions of the mounting holes in the existing belt cog.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

You were right it only has three we need to know what it will cost for all the parts to fix this every thing we have a friend who will do it we just have to know what parts and how much please  Thank you for all of your help

There are so many variables involved in a modification project like this that I could not know all of the parts that would be needed without having the scooter in front of me.

Factors such as how much room there is inside the frame to mount the motor in, motor sprocket to wheel sprocket alignment, gear ratio, how many Watts the original speed controller is rated for, and the condition of the existing batteries all have to be accounted for to know which parts will be suitable and required for the project.

I recommend that the person performing the modifications determines which parts are needed for the job. If there are any questions regarding dimension or specifications of our parts I will be glad to help.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

the motor is SD 24 volt 600 watt the batteries are brand new I know we need a new motor and chain along with the sprockets to fit the new motor if the motor is a little bigger that's ok as there is 3-5 inches of space between the motor that's there now and the frame

That sounds good. You can figure out what everything will cost and get the shipping rate and grand total by adding all of the parts that you need into the shopping cart and then calculate the shipping rate by selecting your Country, State or Province, and entering your Zip or Postal Code. After this information has been selected and entered click on the green recalculate button and the shipping rates will appear. Next choose the shipping service that you want to use and the total will reflect the amount of the parts and shipping combined.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

825-5M drive belt for polaris escooter

drive belt 825-5M polaris escooter

As far as we know there are no kits or off the shelf parts available to convert a Polaris electric scooter to chain drive.

pls send me a sample picture for drive chain to be fit on my scooter

juyuy.jpg
(2.27 MB)
Unfortunately, we do not have a picture of a Polaris scooter that has been converted to chain drive. If you successfully modify the scooter to have chain drive then please feel free to share with the forum what parts were used and how they were installed.

Login or Signup to post a comment