This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Installing Turn Signals

Hi, my name's anthony and I'm looking to buy turning signals for my electronic scooter, but I don't know how to go about it. My scooter doesn't have one already, so I'm not just replacing parts but installing the entire thing. I was hoping for a little direction: can you tell me what I'll be needing to make this attachment complete? A simple google search hasn't been a lot of help. tks

1 person likes this idea
Hahaha, Why is it that you always see the mistakes after showing what you think is your finished product.... LOL LOL... Can't believe I missed that.... Instead of uploading a new photo I will just point out the following:

In my diagram please note that the " LIGHT BLUE " Wire will indeed be fully connected. I now see I forgot to reconnect the wire, before saving the image, when I did some erasing to the previous diagram.

So for all intents and purposes just ignore the small gap you see that makes the wire incomplete and pretend it is a complete wire. LOL

I figured that the small gap between the light blue wire was not intended.

I had a good look over your latest wiring diagram and everything looks perfect to me. I have no further recommendations to make.

That is such great news about the diagram being completed now. All that is left now is to make a parts list that matches my diagram. I would like to order as much as possible from your store.

Also, please feel free to keep this diagram on record just in case anyone else can use it too.

I purchased the flasher relay from y'all and I wonder if mine is defective. When energized, the led lights flash full bright to half bright. The sound is simple to describe. Sounds like a backup alarm on commercial vehicles.

The flasher relays that we currently sell are designed for turn signals with incandescent bulbs, since these are the type of bulb that practically all electric scooters have. This reminds me to order some LED flasher relays and add them to our website though.

Installing a small 6 Ohm to 10 Ohm 1 Watt to 5 Watt resistor (or two 1/2 Watt, or four 1/4 Watt resistors) between the positive and negative wires going to the turn signal bulbs should solve the problem though. Only one resistor will be needed per set of front and rear bulbs. The resistor will trick the flasher into thinking that it is connected to incandescent bulbs.

Another solution would be of course to use a LED flasher relay instead of one made for incandescent bulbs. This might slightly lower the current draw when the turn signals were on, however since the turn signals are not on very often it should not make much of a difference.

I will order a box of LED flasher relays this week so if you want to simply replace the non LED flasher with an LED flasher please let me know and I will send you one when they arrive.

Login or Signup to post a comment