This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Wire two speed controllers to one throttle and one battery pack.

Common electric scooter, bike, and go kart speed controllers use a 1-4 Volt DC input signal to control the motors speed. It does not matter where the input signal comes from as long as it is a 1-4 Volt signal. Most throttles have a 0.8-4.3 Volt output signal just to be on the safe side.

Wiring a single throttle to work with two speed controllers is a very simple and straightforward procedure. All you need to do is wire the throttles + 5V DC input power wire (red) and ground wire (black) to one speed controller, and then wire the throttles output signal (usually green or white) to both controllers. This method will also work with more than two speed controllers.

One battery pack can supply two controllers. The battery charger can either connect directly to the battery pack or it can connect to one of the controllers if the controller has a 'charger in' connector. Here are two illustrations showing how to wire everything together.

Charger connected directly to battery pack:

Charger connected to one of the controllers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

4 people like this idea
thank you for your prompt response, I was looking for info controller, and I realized that the yk31c brings also a connector for the key power, so I was only a matter to you bridge and all walked to perfection, thanks, I am very pleased with the result and I hope to share videos !!!! I will disarm to paint the frame that was elongated a little
We are glad to hear that you got the scooter running with both controllers and are looking forward to seeing the videos.
Do not no how to hook up throttle.to the controller.please help.
jpg

Hi Kevin, unfortunately, there are no universal wire colors for electric scooter throttles and controllers so we will need more information to see if we can advise how to make the connections. The scooter's make and model, the controller and/or throttles part numbers, etc. would all be helpful information. 

Login or Signup to post a comment