This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

New electric go kart parts recommendations

I have built a go cart for my grandson. I purchased a 36 V, 1000 watt motor and mounted the motor with a tightening mechanism for tightening the chain. I am in need of the remainder of parts: batteries, controller, charger, foot throttle, forward reverse switch, on=off switch, etc. I did not order an existing Electric Scooter Parts kit since I wanted a larger motor and battery.

I will keep the battery and controller in the front of the cart.

That sounds like a good idea. When you are determining how long to order the wires don't be afraid to make them a little longer than needed so they are not too short. From looking at your drawing it looks like the wire lengths might need to be around 12" between the battery pack and controller, 24" between the power switch, reverse switch, charger port, Voltage meter and controller, 42" between the reverse switch and motor. I am not sure how you plan to route the wires on the go kart though so these wire length estimates might be to short depending on how the wires will be routed. 

Can  you give me the sequence of electrical connections?  For example:

1. Battery to ??
  2. Controller to ??
  3. Etc.

Can you give me the components I will be using.  Hopefully I can get the dimensions for each component and create a better design drawing.

The sequence of electrical connections is easier to draw than to write so I made a drawing showing them. 

Here is a list of the components in the kit and the dimension of the larger parts:

3 qty. 12V 15Ah batteries. (4" x 6" x 4" each)

1 qty. HNS-106 36 Volt battery pack wiring harness.

1 qty. FUS-ATO40 ATO fuse.
1 qty. CHR-36V1.6AXLR 36 Volt 1.6 Amp battery charger with XLR plug. (approximately 5" x 3" x 2")

1 qty. CNX-XLR05 XLR charger port.
1 qty. SPD-CT660B9 36 Volt 1000 Watt speed controller. (3-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 1-1/2")

1 qty. THR-89 premium foot throttle. (approximately 6" x 2" footprint)
1 qty. SWT-100 Toggle switch.
1 qty. SWT-175 reverse switch.
1 qty. MET-120V-RED Volt meter.

Please let me know if there is any further information or dimensions that you need to calculate the wire lengths.

I went ahead and made the kit for your project. The kit is item # KIT-153 and here is the link to it:

https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/36-volt-1000-watt-electric-go-kart-kit-with-reverse-KIT-153

Please have a look at all of the parts in the kit to make sure that everything looks right to you. If you would like any changes made to the kit please let me know.

I went ahead and ordered the kit

Login or Signup to post a comment