This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor E500s replacement controller.

I have a first series Razor E500s scooter and have been told that they no longer make the control box. I am wondering if you could help me with a parts list and wiring diagram to make one myself? 

1 person likes this idea
All Razor E500S electric scooter versions have the same wiring harness so this parts list and wiring diagram will work on all versions. Here is a list of the parts required to convert the Razor E500S scooter to use the available SPD-24500B speed controller:

1 Qty. SPD-24500B Add to Cart

1 Qty. CNX-50 Add to Cart

4 Qty. CNX-51 Add to Cart

1 Qty. CNX-52 Add to Cart

Installation will require one CNX-50, one CNX-52, and four CNX-51 connector sets.

Here is a wiring diagram that shows how to wire the SPD-24500B controller to the Razor E500S scooter:

Here is a link to the SPD-24500B wiring directions: http://www.electricscooterparts.com/hookup/SPD-24500B.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

So, I finally did this and came up with some wires that were not addressed in the drawing.  Here's a pic of them 

IMG_0723.jpg
(2.11 MB)
IMG_0722.jpg
(2.03 MB)
IMG_0721.jpg
(1.96 MB)
IMG_0720.jpg
(1.89 MB)
I understand the confusion with the wiring. It looks like Razor switched from a gray to a white wire on the throttle. The gray throttle wire on the wiring diagram illustration would be the white throttle wire on the picture you attached.

The thin red wire on the wiring harness that goes between the controller and battery harness should be completely removed from both connectors by cutting it off as close to the connectors as possible. That thin red wire was originally used to charge the battery pack, but the new controller charges the battery pack directly through the thick red and black wires so the thin red wire is no longer needed.

I hope this all makes sense. If it does not then please let me know and I will try to explain better or draw a picture showing what I mean.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment