This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Modifying Razor Ground Force Drifter go-cart

Hi, I would like to know what parts do I need in order to modified two Razor ground force drifter for an adult and a kid?

The Kid is around 150 ibs - I am guessing a motor 500w, with 36v 12ahm battery, controller and rubber rear wheels.

The Adult is around 250 ibs - assuming a 750W motor, with 48v 12 ahm battery, controller and rubber rear wheels.

Now, what kind of controller do I need for both if they can be the same controller or two different kinds? Would the razor buggy wheels fit without doing any work on them? Meaning can I just straight up swap those in and out? Do I need to change the chain or gears?

Will I need to do a lot drilling and hardware modification on the steel frame of the go-kart in order to fit the motor? The stock motor is 250w, would the 500w or 750w still be able to be screw into the frame using the holes stock for 250w? Would two motors be better at 500w each for the adult version be better?

I just want 15 to 20 mph speed and be able to go little incline on a slope and ride on grass. Nothing too crazy, I am more concern with the weights of the person to be able to ride the carts.

I am not too concern with fitting everything within the rear box, but like to avoid doing or adding any extra holding space. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Would the 500w or 750w be too much? should the kid version stock with 350w and adult with 500w instead?

The Crazy Cart XL for adult is only stock with 500W.  I dont know if 750w is over killing it.

I will go ahead and answer your questions below:

I do not think that 500 Watt and 750 Watt motors would be too powerful for the go cart or overkill. There will be variable speed throttles on the carts so the speed can be 100% controlled at whatever level is appropriate for the riding conditions. People get used to the amount of power that a small electric vehicle has fairly quickly, so it is always good to start off with a little more power than is needed so you can increase the gear ratio if you want it to go faster in the future.

Q - What kind of controller do I need for both if they can be the same controller or two different kinds?

A - Typically a 36 Volt and 48 Volt electric go kart would use two different controller. One 36 Volt and one 48 Volt controller.

Q - Would the razor buggy wheels fit without doing any work on them? Meaning can I just straight up swap those in and out?

A - The Razor Dune Buggy wheels are not interchangeable with the Razor Ground Force Drifter wheels. You can not swap them out for each other.

Q - Do I need to change the chain or gears?

A - You will most likely need a longer chain because the larger size motors will sit higher than the original motor. The rear sprocket will not need to be changed unless you want a different gear ratio in order to have either more torque or more speed. A larger axle sprocket will provide a lower gear ration for more torque, while a smaller axle sprocket will provide a higher gear ratio for more speed.

Q - Will I need to do a lot drilling and hardware modification on the steel frame of the go-kart in order to fit the motor?

A - A larger plate to mount the motor onto will most likely be needed. The larger plate might be able to be bolted onto the old motor mounting plate though and not need to be welded. A larger motor plate can be made from cabinet grade plywood as well as steel, so if you do not have metal fabricating equipment then plywood may be the best way to go. You should be able to pick up a small scrap piece of it somewhere so a whole 4'X8' sheet does not need to be purchased.

Q - The stock motor is 250w, would the 500w or 750w still be able to be screw into the frame using the holes stock for 250w?

A - I do not think so. The 500W and 750W motors have larger bases then the 250W motors do.

Q - Would two motors be better at 500w each for the adult version be better?

A - It would be a lot simpler to install one motor than two because two motors would require two chains and two rear sprockets. I recommend using one 1000 Watt motor instead of two 500 Watt motors on the same go kart. The less parts that are on the vehicle the more reliable it usually is.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Are there any pneumatic tires that will fit on drift kart?

We do not know of any pneumatic tires that will fit on the Razor Ground Force Drifter. We carry the stock wheels for it on our Razor Ground Force Drifter parts page

Login or Signup to post a comment