This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

razer not working

i have a razer crazy cart version 5, it stopped working. when i hit the throttle it only clicks,  i have read many forums and i have tried replacing the motor wires and i replaced the controller, but still nothing. i do find that if i place the red motor wire on battery 2 ground and black motor wire on battery one positive, the motor will run, so i am assuming its not the motor.  it looks like the batteries are at almost 28v going out of the batteries, but there is no power coming back to the blue/yellow wires. i took apart the throttle and all seems to be ok, and i tested the throttle and when its depressed it does lose voltage, so i assume thats working as well. any suggestions??? thank you

When there is a clicking sound and the motor does not run that is usually but not always caused by the battery pack dropping too many Volts under load.

Since the motor has been tested and works, and the controller has been replaced and we can presume that it works, and there is a clicking sound when the power switch is on and the throttle is pressed, that indicates that the motor, controller, power switch, wiring harness, and fuse are all good.

This leaves only the battery pack and throttle to suspect as being faulty parts.

You mention that when the throttle is depressed it looses Voltage. However when the throttle is depressed the Voltage of its output wire should increase and the Voltage of its input wire should remain the same. Since you have noticed that the Voltage decreases when the throttle is pressed that makes me think that possibly the battery pack is dropping too much Voltage under load which is causing the controller to go into under-Voltage protection mode and not operate the motor.

What I recommend to do is measure the Voltage of the battery pack with the power switch off, and then again with the power switch on and throttle fully depressed. If the battery pack Voltage drops under 23 Volts during this test then the battery pack is old, worn out, or faulty and needs to be replaced.

Please let us know the results of this test and we will take it from there.

Login or Signup to post a comment