This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

E300 build

I've decided to upgrade a e300. As of now it's stock but I have 3 10a batteries/charger, 65t + 9t and chain coming in. My question is what controller throttle combo should I be looking at, it's the stock motor now but I'm 220lb and will be riding on hills and grass so I'd think a bigger motor will be needed soon so I'd like to buy a controller in preparation of that. I've only looked at TNC but so far I was thinking the CT-660B9 and full twist throttle but I'm up for any suggestions. I'm also tasked with modding a razor dirt quad for my son, he's getting bored with the stock power and speed. Wheel spacers and new tires are up but I've seen a youtube about the limiting band inside the controller. I'll probably spend a few bucks on it before we go to gas so I'm open to any input. He really wants reverse more power and speed but who doesn't. My first post, sorry if I'm breaking any etiquette.
I would go with a 36 Volt 500 Watt controller for the Razor E300 upgrade. It will work with the existing motor and you will be able to upgrade to any 36 Volt motor that is 500 Watts or less in the future. You could also go with the 36 Volt 1000 Watt CT660B9 controller if you want to use a motor that is more than 500 Watts in the future. All of our standard throttles without battery meters and 36 Volt throttles with battery meters can be used with either of these controllers.

I am not familiar with modifying the Razor Dirt Quad's controller but I will check at YouTube and try to find that video. The Dirt Quad has a 24 Volt 350 Watt motor. We have 24 and 36 Volt 500 Watt controller with reverse that could be installed on the Dirt Quad. Installing a 24 Volt 500 Watt reversing controller would not give it any more power, however if the 36 Volt reversing controller and a 36 Volt battery pack was installed it would have a significant amount of extra power and speed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you. So I guess my question is now what's the biggest motor that will fit in the stock location without needing to cut the frame? The 10a batteries I intended to use are now in the boys quad and my do they fit perfect (hope to test tomorrow) so I need batts for the e300 again. I'm going with 36v, any idea what fits in the stock box, or should I just plan on making space for 3 of the 10a or bigger. I installed the (62-4?) tooth rear and 9t front today and it really helped keep the rpms up, thing can almost pull me up a grass hill now. I appreciate your help.

I do not know what the biggest motor is that will fit in a Razor E300 scooter without cutting the frame. We list the dimensions of all of our motors on the pages they are sold on to help with determining if they will fit or not.

Unfortunately I have just about the same answer for the battery size question as I did for the motor question. Since batteries are rectangular boxes it is very easy to determine if they will fit or not though. We also have battery dimensions listed on the pages they are sold on.

Great to hear that the sprocket modifications and new lower gear ratio are allowing the motor to spin faster and provide more power. That is exactly what lowering the gear ratio is supposed to do.

Although I could not really answer any of your questions this time please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment