This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

24 Volt Battery Pack That Can Turn Into a 36 Volt Battery Pack by Flipping a Switch

I see u did the for a member I am think about almost doing the same but not 36vto 48 I want 24v to 36 Csn u do the diagram for me but the switch u use the one I got it the 3 pin one will that work I put the pic up but as u no Iv had so much problems if I can run the 3 battey and then just up hills turn it to 36v that will do me . That's how I was going to set up the 3 battrys but need a switch in there . I put the set up pic I there to for the razor e200 . The switch I got to make it go from 24v to 36 v. Iv been told that on 36 v the controller in the razer e200 will not start. But when it's runing u can add the 36 v and it flys . Please help me with this conversion . It's got to be better then what Iv been doing . Was going to wire it up from one of them diagrams but I need a switch to go from 24v to 36 v .
image.jpeg
(55.1 KB)
image.jpeg
(135 KB)
image.jpeg
(227 KB)
image.png
(187 KB)
image.jpeg
(254 KB)
image.png
(133 KB)
Would this work I played around with your diagram . Do u think it will work or do I need a different switch as your one has 6 pins out of it . Mine has 3 . U can get on that had the 3 or 6 & on that u turn up or down for on and to the left or right for off . Help will this set up work what I got , it's almost the same as yours but one battey off . I think I got it right.
image.png
(133 KB)
image.jpeg
(1.91 MB)

Creating a 24 Volt battery pack that can become a 36 Volt battery pack by flipping a switch can be done as long as two battery chargers are used to recharge the battery pack. The reason that two battery chargers are needed is because the individual batteries in the pack will discharge at different levels and their Voltages will become unbalanced. So charging the 12 Volt section of the battery pack independently from the 24 Volt section of the battery pack will be required in order to balance the Voltages between all of the batteries when they are finished recharging.

To make a switchable 24/36 Volt battery pack the wiring diagram that we created would need to be followed with the deletion of the fourth battery on the far right. The wiring diagram that you drew and attached would not work because the battery on the far left would short circuit when the switch was closed. The only way I know to make this kind of battery pack would be to follow our wiring diagram. An SPDT On-Off-On switch with three terminals could replace the SPDT On-Off-On switch with six terminals that is shown in our wiring diagram.

The switch in the photo you attached looks like an SPDT On-On switch. This type of switch could be used as the battery pack Voltage change switch long as there was a separate power switch in the circuit to turn the power on and off between the battery pack and controller. If using an SPDT On-On switch it is very important that the switch is a 'break before make' type of switch though, otherwise there would be a short circuit when it was flipped. Unless you know for certain that it is a 'break before make' switch then I would recommend using an SPDT On-Off-On switch instead. The Amp rating of the switch would also need to be suitable for the Amp load of the circuit. For most electric scooter and bike applications a 30 Amp switch is suitable, or a 15 Amp dual pole switch with the two poles connected together as shown in our wiring diagram.

The controller on the e200 will not start on 36v it has a cut out or something . So I did the switch that your diagram showed me in the 48v but cut one Battry out so it now runs & u start it on 24 v & as your going down the road you switch it to 36v. A lot faster . But need to no about the charging . If I witch it to 36 on the switch can I use a 36v charger . Or do I need to charge two on 24v charger & the other Battry on a 12v charger . Almost there with it lol .
Got it sort am charging the 12 v & use the 24v the do the other two. But for now this nod will do . As Iv had so much problem with controllers not working , and I no I wired them up right . Not bying one more. Lol . So the 800w moter I mite sell & the sprockets . This 350w 24v & overvolt it when I need to will do for now. Thank for all your help getting this working for me
Hi again ok I think I got it sorted I put that switch on and when down it ran on 24v fine then pushed it up and wow it was mad. I can see y overvolting can be fun . Out of a 350w 24v by me overvolting it what sort of power am I get is it like putting a 700w motor to it. Also the switch was a on - on , so I orderd this one instead will put pic up . & as it need a charger for now I got this one to do it. Not the most cleanest way but i will sort that in time. Can I ask why can I not put the charger port on all 3 then charge it that way , would the cells in the battery not charge right . Also when I got this up and runing on 24v&36v as I can not get a 36vcontroller to work as u no, & Iv got it all wired up so it all good as will This 24v e200 controller as the other 36v controllers don't seem to work for me lol , Now if I do put the 800w 36v motor onto the scooter & take the 350w 24v off can I run the 800w36v on the 24v controller and it work then switch it to 36v . Will that work . Or will I get more speed out of overvolting the 350w 24v to 36v when I need it . What would u do , keep it 350w 24v & overvolt it or do the 800w36v.
image.jpeg
(1.41 MB)
image.png
(760 KB)
image.png
(184 KB)

Login or Signup to post a comment