This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor Ground Force 48v upgrade

I have a Razor ground force that the controller seems to have malfunctioned. I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade while I am at it. Would you be able to tell me what parts I need for a 48 volt upgrade and what the cost would be?

It is version 17.

1 person likes this idea
Since you want to upgrade to 48 Volts I imagine that you are doing so in order to have a 1000 Watt motor. 1000 Watt motors are also available in 36 Volts, so 36 Volts is another option that would provide the exact same amount of power as 48 Volts. The difference is in the number of batteries, which might be the determining factor of which Voltage you decide to use.

36 Volt systems have a battery pack with three batteries, and 48 Volt systems have a battery pack with four batteries. So depending on the size of the batteries and the space available for them you might find that three batteries fit better than four batteries, or visa-versa.

The cost depends mostly on the number and size of batteries that the kit has. We have a 36 Volt 1000 Watt Ground Force upgrade modification kit available for $399.06 which includes three 15Ah batteries. Here is the link to KIT-36320:
https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/36-volt-1000-watt-razor-ground-force-and-ground-force-drifter-modification-kit

This same kit in 48 Volts with four 15Ah batteries costs $439.51. Here is the link to KIT-48320:
https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/48-volt-1000-watt-razor-ground-force-and-ground-force-drifter-modification-kit

The 48 Volt kit with four 15Ah batteries has a 25% longer ride time than the 36 Volt kit with three 15Ah batteries, so you do get what you pay for. We could also make kits identical to these except with 22Ah batteries for even longer ride times.

We can modify these kits with different parts or wire lengths. We can also add a reverse switch and relay to them for an extra $60.00. If you would like for us to modify one of these kits then please let us know what changes you would like to be made.

Login or Signup to post a comment