This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor Ground Force drifter upgrade

Please advise me on the best way to obtain more torque and speed for my ground force drifter. I am 170 lbs. and want to be able to run faster than my 4 year old and last at least as long as he does at 45 lbs on his stock one. Please advise me as to what I will need to accomplish this in your opinion and speed and torque the more the better but staying so it will be safe though because I am sure the 4 year old will adopt it soon!!

I will give you my cc# and order as soon as you give me a number.

I also have an issue with putting a ESC kit from EastCoast Power up into a Ford F-150 Power Wheels I have it installed yet get no power to run motors and am at this point frustrated. Any advice on these kits or what type of shop would I contact to have this repaired or finish being installed?? What about junking kit and just adding a new motor and such like this to it? And if so what would you suggest I do to put it so it could have brakes and also reverse and run rubber tires with a step down for cd player and lights etc??What would this cost me?? And could you put it together for me??

We do not have any experience with modifying Power Wheels yet so we are not qualified to offer modification advise on them. Also since we do not have experience with them we do not know any shops to take them to for modifications. I wish that we could offer more help with them but they are something that we have not worked on or made kits for so I would not know where to begin as far as troubleshooting goes.

We have a lot of experience with modifying Razor Ground Force and Ground Force Drifter go karts though.

We have 24 Volt 500 Watt kits that would provide more torque and the same speed as a stock Ground Force Drifter, and we also have 36 Volt 1000 Watt and 48 Volt 1000 Watt kits that would provide more torque and more speed as the stock Ground Force Drifter. All of these kits require custom installation.

The 24 and 48 Volt kits should provide the same ride time as the stock Drifter. The 36 Volt kits with the 15Ah battery packs that they currently have would provide around 25% less ride time than the stock Ground Force Drifter, however they could be upgraded to have 22Ah battery packs and then they would have more ride time than the stock Ground Force Drifter.

Here are links to the kits:

We also have other kits for the Razor Ground Force and Razor Ground Force Drifter that can be found on this page:

https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=razor+ground+force+kit

We could modify any of these kits to have different parts such as different size batteries, different throttles, etc. If you see a kit that you like however would like a change made to it then please let us know.

AS to the Power Wheels Modification I saw you did an link that was for a build of a car and was wondering if we can tweak it abit to work in my situation? I posted it in a separate question already so will wait to buy this and see if we can do all at once thank You

What are the custom modifications mentioned for the 36 and 48 volt systems other than sprockets and chain upgrades?? Is there a tire upgrade that is recommended or available as well?/ Can you please advise me of these issues?? Thank You.

I just replied to your Power Wheels post so please take a look at it when you have a chance.

We can modify these kits to have different size batteries, different style throttles, different motors, to have forward only or to have forward and reverse, to have standard-rate or fast-rate battery chargers, to have different sprockets and chains, and also in just about any other way that is possible.

As far as I know there is only one type of wheel available for the Razor Ground Force Drifter, so upgrading it is not an option.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

so on the above 48 volt kit with reverse what exactly are we taking about to be modified? I get the motor and such it is all fine and the sprokets etc It all seems to be very straight forward and would just snap the items to one another.  I am leaning to this one unless you can tell me a down side of 48 volt vs 36 volt?? Do you have a voltage or battery meter that is attached so one can monitor the charge while driving??

The kit arrives complete and ready to use. All of the connectors have matching labels on them so they just need to be plugged into each other. it is a plug-and-play kit.

The go kart will need to be modified so the larger battery pack, motor, and other parts will fit onto it. Here is a photo of a Ground Force Drifter that a 48 Volt kit was installed onto to give you an idea of the way that one person modified theirs.

There is no difference in power or torque between a 36 or 48 Volt 500 Watt motor, or between a 36 or 48 Volt 1000 Watt motor. So the only reason to choose one of these Voltages over the other is the number of batteries. Depending where you plan to mount the batteries and the size of the batteries three might fit better or four might fit better. In the photo above four 12Ah or 15Ah batteries fit perfectly in the battery tray added to the back of the frame so a 48 Volt system was used.

We can add a handlebar mount battery status indicator or panel mount digital Voltmeter to any of our kits. They are available on this page: https://electricscooterparts.com/meters.html

If there is a kit that you are interested in and would like a battery status indicator or Voltmeter added to it then please let us know the item number of the kit and of the indicator or Voltmeter and we will make a modified version of the kit with it included. We would also need to know how many inches of wire you would like between the battery indicator or Voltmeter and controller.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

I like the 48 volt then with the larger batt. and add a indicator for me that will mount then on the front some place so allow enough wire to reach there. Then let me know the price so I can place an order. What is your time estimate for me to have this??

Can you tell me the price then for the 48 volt with reverse and add in the indicator as shown in pictureand also the recommended sprockets if they are not included, and I can bore it if need be to make it fit as I believe you said it might need to be done or it might be the other system we discussed. I am putting together frame now so will advise on other builds need here soon.

Hi can we do kit 48325 and add the ASP-100 also?? it will show not only the battery indicator but more?? If not add MET-w48v to kit. I will submit an order based upon the ASP-100 but if it is not ok then use the Met-w48v

What is the estimated time to create this and get it shipped to me??

Thank you for your order. All of our kits are custom made after they are ordered. The average time that it takes for kits to be made and shipped after an order is placed in around three business days.

ASP-100 is best when used to replace the exact same speedometer on an electric scooter. We do not have a sensor to make its speedometer work. If it was included with a kit we could only make its battery indicator and power light work.

I imagine that you do not want to use the ASP-100 if its speedometer does not work, so I will keep the MET-W48V on your order unless instructed to do otherwise.

I just reviewed your order and everything looks good on it. I will let our technician know that it was placed so he can start working on it.

Thanks again for your order and please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks any idea as to when it may ship??

It usually takes around three business days for the kits to be made and shipped which puts the shipping day around Tuesday. I will check with the person who builds the kits and get a more specific time frame on this though. I will reply again later today and let you know.
Your kit was finished, packaged and picked up by FedEx today. Since you live so close to us the estimated delivery day is Wednesday.

Thank you for your order. If you have any questions please let us know.

Can you send me a diagram for the kit if one is available please??

Login or Signup to post a comment