This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

eco smart battery sizing?

hi, new guy here. I've ordered an eco smart and curious about battery upgrade options. i'm not concerned about speed really just range. i've looked around here and elsewhere. it does seem that you can fit 10 amp or 12 amp batteries with no need to modify anything correct? i know this may be pushing it... but it almost looks like the 15 amp batteries might fit? maybe with a little deck lift if needed? any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

The original Razor EcoSmart batteries are 8Ah which are 6" x 2-1/2" x 3-3/4" and lay on their side so they have a 6" by 3-3/4" footprint and stand 2-1/2" tall.

Our 12Ah and 15Ah batteries are 6" x 3-7/8" x 3-3/4" so they will fit in the EcoSmart's battery tray if the footplate is raised up 1-1/2" with 2x2 lumber or 1-1/2" square metal tubing.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

thanks for taking the time to respond. every video on youtube that i have watched  that shows the batteries in the compartment has the batteries in an upright position. i'll link them 

case measurements

example of batteries in case and battery measurement

example of original batteries in case

Oh wow, I did not realize that the battery tray was that tall and the batteries were in an upright position. All other Razor scooters that I have ever seen have the batteries laying down so I thought that was the only way they made them. That kind of changes everything as far as installing larger batteries goes. Thank you very much for replying with this information.

I watched the video showing the battery tray dimensions and it looks like the 12Ah and 15Ah battery size might fit in it but the battery pack size would be very close to the battery tray size so I would not rely on the measurements in the video and would take my own battery tray measurements before buying new batteries for it. The scooter's original batteries are 6" long so they could be used to see if the 6" long 12Ah and 15Ah batteries would fit in the tray from side to side. The original batteries are 3-3/4" high and so are the 12Ah and 15Ah batteries so there should be enough height in the battery tray. Three 12Ah or 15Ah batteries sitting together are 11.7" wide so that would be an important battery tray measurement to verify. In the video he says the tray is 11-3/4" long so if that measurement is right then they would fit in that direction.

thanks for your reply. really appreciate it! glad you found the videos useful. i'll be ordering an eco metro next week. i'll respond back to this thread with what i find as far as measurements. if it looks like 15 amp batteries will fit, i'll order some 15 amp batteries in a few weeks and video the fitment and post the link here. 

Hi I have 3 12 volt 10ah lithium batteries in my EcoSmart Razor scooter and I would like to know do you have any other lithium batteries with more amp hours that will fit in that battery well of the Metro Razor scooter

Login or Signup to post a comment