1-800-908-8082

8am-5pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday
Start a new topic

Razor mx650 upgraded to 48V - now i need need motor that fits

HI. i recently upgraded my mx650 with a 48V throttle, 48V controller (putting out some crazy 80 Amps.  I was overvolting my stock 36V 650W motor but within just 1 ride it burnt up. ( i knew this was going to happen) so here were are.. time to upgrade to 48V 1000 W but im not sure what will fit... please help..

Both the 36 Volt and 48 Volt 1000 Watt motors will not fit in the MX650 frame unless it is heavily modified. The Razor MX500 and MX650 original motor is 5-1/4" long, and the 1000 Watt motors are 6" long.

We just got some new 48 Volt 1600 Watt 4800 RPM brushless motors that are 5-1/4" long and will fit the MX5000/MX650 frame though. The original MX650 motor is around 2500 RPM so increasing the motor speed up to 4800 RPM will just about double the top speed of the bike. And at 1600 Watts the new motor will have plenty of horsepower to power the bike at its new top speed.

We will be listing this new 1600 Watt motor and controller on the site in the next day or two. Once they are listed then I will post a link to them here so you can have a look at them.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Can you share pricing?
I installed a 48v controller and a 1000w my1020 in my mx650. I modified the swingarm but the controller I have pulls upwards of 80 amps at launch and Smoked my motor. Do they make high amp motors? If not I will likely go with the brushless you suggested above. I really like how powerful the bike was before it smoked. I'm considering even starting over and going 60v since I'm already modified. Please let me know what options I have and kit to purchase on your website. Getting discouraged.

For brushed motors the 1000 Watt versions are the most powerful ones made and switching over to a brushless motor is the only way to get a more powerful motor that has the same diameter. 

We have recently added kits for Razor MX500, SX500, and MX650 dirt bikes on this page: https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/SearchResults.asp?search=razor+dirt+bike+modification+kit

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment