This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor MX650 newbie

Hello ESP!

I recently purchased a used MX 650 that I'd like to upgrade. I currently have a generic throttle I previously purchased that has a volt meter (See attached picture). I have 4 12v 12ah batteries, looking to power the bike via the pretty standard 36 to 48v conversion.

I'm now ready to purchase the rest. After spending a lot of time reading through the forums, I think I'd like to go with the 1800w brushless motor, a 48v controller, 48v charger and looks like I will also need to upgrade the chain, and rear sprocket. Lastly, I think I'll need the correct and best options for wiring the batteries together.

Do you think the 1800w motor is the way to go for a substantial increase in speed and torque or do you have another recommendation?

I'm not planning on going to lipo batteries, sticking with the standard razor type lead acid batteries for now.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

throttle.jpg
(28.3 KB)

1 person likes this idea
Anyone?  Would really like to get this thing up and running as soon as possible. 

Thank you!

Back when you started this topic we did not have much in the way of 1800 Watt MX650 kits but we now have a wide selection of 48 Volt 1800 Watt modification kits available for the Razor MX500, MX650, and SX500 electric dirt bikes. 

Here is a link to the page where they can be viewed and purchased: https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=razor+dirt+bike+modification+kit

Login or Signup to post a comment