This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Brushless Motor for Razor Ecosmart

Hello, I'm going to over volt my Ecosmart this winter (hopefully the chilly temperature keeps the motor relatively cool). I know it'll shorten the life span of my stock motor so I'm doing some research and it seems brushless is the way to go. I found a 48v 500w brushless motor ("BLDC 48V 500W Brushless Motor with 6:1 Gear Reduction") on eBay that states it has a rated RPM of 2800 but an actual RPM of 467. The stock motor that comes with the Ecosmart has a rated RPM of 2500. Brushless seems the way to go as I'll keep the same wattage but increase my speed by a bit--to my understanding. Maybe I'm wrong? I also saw a 48v 1000w brushless motor that has a rated RPM of 4500. If I'm getting 80 minutes of ride time with my 36v 10ah battery pack and stock motor and controller, how much would my ride time be cut if I upgrade my controller, motor and batteries to 48v 1000w? From my understanding, adding an extra battery to go 48v alone should give me a little bit more juice if all other components stay the same. Excuse the lack of paragraphs. The text gets reformatted without them after I publish my threads. Thanks, Gilly
PS: I get 80 minutes of ride time with full throttle.
We have a ride time calculator that you can use to estimate the ride time with the new battery pack and motor. Here is the link to it: https://www.electricscooterparts.com/battery-pack-calculator.html

If installing a motor with a different RPM than the original motor the gear ratio may need to be changed by installing a different size wheel sprocket so the new motor can run at its fastest speed so it does not lug. The EcoSmart scooter's top speed with its 500 Watt motor is 20 MPH. A 1000 Watt motor can be geared for a top speed of 30 MPH. We have a gear ratio calculator that can be used to determine the sprocket sizes needed when installing a different motor so you can make sure that the sprockets are available before ordering the motor. Here is the link to it: https://www.electricscooterparts.com/motorwheelgearratio.html

Most 1000 Watt motors have sprockets for 8mm chain, so the motor sprocket may need to be switched over to #25 chain or the EcoSmart's wheel sprocket switched over to 8mm chain. 1000 Watt motor wear out #25 chain quickly so we recommend using 8mm chain with them.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment