This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Running e300 with 2 24 motors

Hello, I've got an e300 ordered and would like to increase power by adding an identical 24 v motor and 2 more 12v SLA batteries. I know I will have to change the controller, throttle and chain. Can you give me a parts list of items I would need. I can do the metal fabrication on the scooter as needed. Thank you

The Razor E300 has a 24 Volt 250 Watt motor so for two of those motors, a 24 Volt 500 Watt controller would be needed. A good choice for a 24V 500W controller is our item # SPD-24500B and for the throttle, the item # THR-84 throttle is a good match to the SPD-24500B controller. 

The SPD-24500B controller is not plug-and-play with the E300 scoter so it will require custom wiring to install. 

We carry #25 chain sold by the link so we can supply any length of chain that is needed. 

OK, thank you! I got the scooter today and am now convinced I can satisfy my power needs by initially overvolting the original motor by adding another 12v battery. Currently 7ah is plenty because my commute is short. But I also want to get a 36 v motor along with the controller and throttle because I will probably burn up the 24 v in this southern heat. If I get the 36v controller and throttle now, will the same parts work with the 36v motor when I swap it for the 24v. If you can give a list of parts , I would appreciate it. Cheers!

A 36 Volt controller and throttle that are initially used for overvolting a 24 Volt motor can be repurposed to work with a 36 Volt motor after they are installed. 

The 36 Volt controller that you use should be rated for the same Watts as the 36 Volt motor that you intend to install in the future. For example, if you plan to install a 36 Volt 500 Watt motor in the future then a 36 Volt 500 Watt controller should be installed. Since we do not know what size 36 Volt motor you plan to install we are not yet able to make a parts list for the compatible controller and throttle. 

Login or Signup to post a comment