This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Speed controller for dummies

What's the difference between speed controller throttle wires....like 4 and 6 wires and ones that are only one speed compared to variable

Many controllers have different functions and colors of their throttle connector wires and there is no standardization of them. We have wiring directions available for all of our speed controllers which show the functions and colors of their throttle connector wires. 

A 2-wire throttle will always be single speed, a 3-wire throttle will usually be variable speed with no indicator lights or switch, a 4-wire throttle will usually be variable speed with an indicator, and a 6-wire throttle will usually be variable speed with an indicator and switch. 

I just purchased this kit....Product Code: KIT-361000-TC01
besides bypassing the reset switch becaue it came with a 40amp fuse that goes between the batteries, do I also bypass the original switch because the new on/off switch is in the new throttle? Do I just plug the battery harness directly into the controller? 

setup.jpg
(123 KB)

The original on/off power switch is bypassed by the kit's battery pack wiring harness because the on/off power switch is now the throttle. The kit's battery pack wiring harness plugs directly into the new controller. 

False alarm.....all is well The kit is perfect...thx for responding

Actually I have one more question..which 1000w motor should I get with this kit?

You are welcome. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions down the road. By the way that is a great looking custom made battery box and installation. 

Actually I have one more question..which 36v 1000w motor should I get with this kit?

Our MOT-361000B motor is the one that is most commonly installed on Razor E300 scooters for 36 Volt 1000 Watt modifications.

When i installed the new controller, i accidentally crossed wires in the charging port. black to red, red to black. Did I make an oopsie?  Becaue when i plugged in my new 36v charger it started to fry at the 3-port inline plug. I heard it sizzle and a lil smoke before I yanked it out. Can that damage the charger?

Yes, that can definitely damage the charger. Most chargers cannot handle being connected in reverse polarity. If the charger still works though then it should be fine. 

I bought another one from you guys just now anyway. Just to be safe. 

Login or Signup to post a comment