This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Mod Kit suggestions for Razor E200 v.36

Hi there.

I have a Razor E200 v.36 that the batteries are crap on. I figured this is an awesome opportunity to upgrade/mod it.

I would really appreciate if you could suggest a couple of different mod kits that you would recommend as upgrades for my scooter.

I know that I will need new batteries, however, I'd be open to going with either 24V or 36V systems including breakers and chargers if needed (I have the original charger for 24V). It's almost givento update the controller and to a variable speed kit in my opinion. I am also tempted to consider a better/stronger motor.

I would be great if you could suggest a couple of different mod kits in different price classes.

Thank you,

/A

The Razor E200 electric scooter is not a model that has been modified here on this forum very much so we do not too much about what parts are best to modify it with. 

It comes with two 12 Volt Volt 7Ah batteries to make its 24 Volt battery pack and we carry 12 Volt 9Ah batteries that are the same size so we know that a 24 Volt 9Ah battery pack can be installed in the battery box without any modifications. Batteries that are larger than 9Ah might fit in the E200 if a new battery tray is fabricated for it. For the sake of moving this discussion forward, I will presume that 9Ah batteries will be used for the modification. 

Most 9Ah batteries are good for a continuous discharge current of around 18 Amps so using Ohms law if we multiply 24 Volts times 18 Amps we get 432 Watts. So a 24 Volt 9Ah battery pack will work with a 24 volt 350 or 400 Watt motor with power to spare. The Razor E200 scooter has a 200 Watt motor so modifying it to have a 350 or 400 Watt motor would result in a significant increase in power. 

This is where it gets a little more complicated though. You would need to determine if a 24 Volt 350 or 400 Watt motor would fit. Here are links to PDF files with the dimensions of our 24 Volt 350 and 400 Watt motors:

If you think that one of these motors would work then we could make an E200 modification kit with the motor along with a controller, throttle, 24V 9Ah battery pack, and any other parts needed for the modification. 

MOT-36350.png
(38.1 KB)
MOT-SD152.png
(57.7 KB)

Thank you for the quick reply!

I agree on the batteries. I haven't gotten a chance to measure to space and mounting for the motor yet. However, I hope to get back with an answer on which motor should be the easiest fit this weekend.

Thanks,

/A

Hi again.

Motor:

I've finally done the measurements. The MOT-24350X2750 motor seems like it will be a plug n play. The motor mount is the same measurements as on the original motor(close to this MOT-E200.pdf) and seems to be a reasonable size so I don't have to do any other modifications. I've got photos if you'd like me to post them. 

Batteries:

Let's go with the 24V 9Ah battery pack. I don't feel like modifying the battery box. (Although I can see that three 24V batteries of the same size as the original batteries would fit by just increasing the depth of the box with about 1 inch... It's tempting but I won't do it for this build.)

Controller:

I'd appreciate your help in selection a controller that will work well with the motor we've picked.

Throttle:

I like the THR-105K but would be open for you suggestions if there's one you like better. It's nice with the power meter and with the key switch.

Other stuff:

Will I need anything else? Circuit breaker?

Suggestions (so far) for the "Razor E200 - Plug'n'play mod kit". 

1. 2x 24V 9Ah batteries.

2. MOT-24350X2750 motor

3. Controller - I'd appreciate your suggestion on a controller that would function well with the new motor.

4. Throttle - I like the THR-105K 

5. Any other parts - connections/breakers I might need.

Thank you for your help.

/A

Login or Signup to post a comment