This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

modifying a Shoprider Sprinter XL4 to go faster

Hi, I have a Shoprider Sprinter XL4. I am looking to either upgrade the existing set up, which is a 24v system using 2 12v 35ah batteries. Or installing a gas powered motor. If there is a way to use the existing set up, and modify it to go 20mph and still be able to carry me( being 300+ lbs) for a distance of 5-10 miles, I would rather do that. If at all possible keeping everything under the existing battery cover. The wheels are 4.00-5 (330X100) 13"X4" Thanks.

Due to their complexity modifying modern mobility scooters like the Shoprider Sprinter XL4 is much different than modifying basic low-tech two-wheel recreational scooters which is what our experience is based on. 

If we were to make a modification recommendation it would have to be to replace the existing motor and transaxle with a go-kart axle and wheels along with a recreational electric scooter motor, controller, and throttle. This would remove the original rear wheel parking brake which is built into the motor so a go-kart brake would need to be installed on the axle and a locking handlebar brake lever installed for a parking brake. 

Login or Signup to post a comment