This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor Electric Mini Chopper Mod Help

Hi

I am wondering how to make my Razor Electric mini chopper go around 25-30MPH (without converting it to a petrol engine)

Do I need to buy a different motor, more batteries, a different speed controller?

(What do I need to buy to achieve 25-30MPH)

I will be very grateful for any help

Thank You

I found the parts needed to accomplish a 26 MPH top speed - that is the highest speed I can calculate with the parts that we have. Here is a list of the parts:

1- 36 Volt or 48 Volt 1000 Watt 3000 RPM Motor (MOT-361000B or MOT-481000B)
2- 13 Tooth Motor Sprocket for 8mm Chain (SPR-813)
3- 44 Tooth Wheel Sprocket for 8mm Chain (SPR-844)
4- 36 Volt or 48 Volt 1000 Watt or Higher Controller (we have many options available)
5- 36 Volt or 48 Volt Battery Pack (we have many different size batteries available)
6- 36 Volt or 48 Volt Battery Charger (charger size needed depends on battery size - I can help when you get there)
7- 8mm Chain and Master Link

You will be able to reuse the Razor Mini Choppers existing throttle, power switch, and battery charger port.

Here is a screenshot of the gear ratio calculations:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here is a photo of a modded Razor Mini Chopper that I found at: http://www.modifiedelectricscooters.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1389

I could not find a copyright notice on that forum so I went ahead and borrowed the picture.

Thank you so much for the help!

If I bought a 36v 1000w motor, a 36v 1000 controller and a 36v battery pack, all instead of 48v, would the bike still achieve 26MPH?

Would there be any soldering required?

Also would I need to change to circuit breaker?

Thanks again

*change THE circuit breaker

You are welcome I am glad to help. The bike would still achieve a top speed of 26 MPH with a 36 Volt 1000 Watt system. There is no difference in power or speed between a 36 Volt or 48 Volt 1000 Watt motor.

For solderless connections crimp connectors could be attached to the wires with a crimping tool. Or the connections could be soldered and covered with heat shrink tubing.

For a 36 Volt 1000 Watt system a 40 Amp fuse or circuit breaker is recommended. The original Razor Mini Chopper circuit breaker would need to be replaced with a 40 Amp circuit breaker, or a 40 Amp fuse and fuse holder.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

What electrical parts would need to require soldering or using crimp connectors?

Thanks

Since you are upgrading to more powerful parts the wires in the existing wiring harness are too thin of a gauge so a new wiring harness will need to be built from scratch. The wiring harness that connects the batteries and all of the other parts together would need to have crimp connectors on it to attach to the batteries and parts, or it could be soldered directly onto the batteries and parts. I recommend using the connectors so that replacing parts in the future is easy.

When I install wire onto crimp terminals I like to apply solder after the crimp has been made. That way the wire and terminal are soldered together for extra strength.

What we call "white wire connectors" that are available on this page http://www.electricscooterparts.com/whitewiringconnectors.html are the type of connectors that most of our parts have pre-installed on them. There is a crimping tool at the bottom of this page which is used to crimp the connectors onto the wires.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment