This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Compatibility of controller and throttle help

I ordered a SPD 500 24volt controller and a THR-105K throttle. They are both 5 pin connectors but I am wondering if I could get some help wiring them together please. Thank you.
A relay such as our RLY-2440S is necessary to make those two parts work together. Here is a wiring diagram showing how to wire the THR-105K throttle to the SPD-SD500 controller.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you! I'm going to order that relay. Could you also help me to find a controller that is 36 volts / 500 watts that works with the same throttle. And possibly with reverse and toggle if it's available.
We have a 36 Volt 500 Watt controller with reverse which is item number SPD-36500R. Since it is a 36 Volt controller and the THR-105K throttle has a 24 Volt battery meter the THR-105K throttle's battery meter would not work with the SPD-36500R controller, however we have an identical throttle which is item # THR-110K that would work with the SPD-36500R because it has a 36 Volt battery meter.

The THR-105K would vary the speed and turn on and off the SPD-36500R, but its battery meter would always read full if used with that controller, while the THR-110K's battery meter would properly read the level of the 36 Volt battery pack.

Here is a wiring diagram showing how to wire the THR-110K throttle to the SPD-36500R controller along with a reverse switch.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment