This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Freewheel sprocket for electric scooter

Hi, I have a no-name 1000W scooter similar to "Super Turbo 1000". I'm looking for a way to use a freewheel sprocket on it assuming that it can increase distance.

Is it possible to use the rim #WHL-9x3.5-4R-V2 and attach brake rotor to thee-hole end of the hub and freewheel clutch # FWM-125 to threaded end of the hub?

Thank you.

A freewheel sprocket will fit the threaded side. I will check and see if we have any disc brake rotors that will fit the side with three holes.

As far as hub width and chain sprocket alignment I am not sure if they would match the existing setup. We would have to take some measurements to see if they would be close.

Thank you for your response.

Another possible issue is if caliper will not fit between the wheel and brake rotor attached to thee holes.

I guess wheel position on the axle may be adjusted with custom spacers.

I just checked and the WHL-9X3.5-4R-V2 hub is 4-1/4" wide from outside to outside. You might want to check and see how wide the hub of the original wheel is to see if the WHL-9X3.5-4R-V2 will fit in between the rear forks. I can take more measurements of the WHL-9X3.5-4R-V2 like outside of hub to side of rim, etc if you think that would be helpful.

I can take more measurements of the WHL-9X3.5-4R-V2 like outside of hub to side of rim, etc if you think that would be helpful.

That would be very helpful for both ends of hub to side of rim.

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

>like outside of hub to side of rim, etc if you think that would be helpful.

Thank would be very helpful to determine if a disk brake can be used at three-hole side of the rim.

Thank you!

Login or Signup to post a comment