This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Drifter Cart

I would like to upgrade my sons drifter cart. Can you help me make the cart faster and have more torque?

Is it possible to use the same batteries and upgrade motor and controller with plug and play equipment?

Thank you for your time,

Matt

After I build this for him, is it possible to build a cart for an adult?

The drifter cart can be modified to be faster and have more torque. The original batteries can be used with a larger motor and controller. For example a 24 Volt 500 Watt motor and controller could be installed which would double the amount of power that the cart has. Upgrading to a more powerful motor and controller will automatically make the cart have a slightly higher top speed. If you want the cart to have a significantly higher top speed then changing the gear ratio by using different size chain sprockets can be done.

Building an adult size cart id absolutely possible. We have motors and controllers rated up to 1000 Watts.

There are a few topics on this subject already started on this forum. I recommend reading over these topics and see if they answer any of your questions. Here are the links:

Razor Ground Force Version 5 36 Volt Controller Upgrade

Razor Ground Force Drifter Upgrade

1000w razor ground force build

Razor Ground Force overvolting

Modifying Razor Ground Force Drifter go-cart

Here is a link to a full list of Razor Ground force topics on this forum: http://support.electricscooterparts.com/support/search/topics?term=ground+force

Hopefully reading over these Razor Ground Force topics will help. If you have any further questions please let me know and I will be glad to help. 

Thank you for your response.  Can you tell me what controller and 500 watt motor to purchase?  Can I run the larger controller with the existing engine until it dies then buy the 500 watt motor?

Thanks again.  

The 24 Volt 500 Watt motor and controller that I like the best are the MOT-24500X2500B and SPD-24500B. However since I have not modified a Razor Ground Force go cart with these parts before I do not know the extent of modifications that are required to install them.

You definitely could run the existing motor with a larger controller. I have noticed that Razor uses controllers that are labeled 30 Amps with most of their 250 Watt motors already though so you may or may not notice a difference if you install a 24 Volt 500 Watt 30 Amp controller to run with the original 250 Watt motor.

Login or Signup to post a comment