This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

How to mod ezip 750 for torque increase?

I have an older ezip 750 24 volt. I am interested in more amperage or sprocket change that would help with hill climbing. Don't really care how fast it goes.

Thanks in advance!

Applying more Voltage or Amperage to the motor for hill climbing will probably overheat the motor if the existing sprockets are used because the motor is not designed to handle more power and climb hills with the existing gear ratio.

The factory usually installs an 11 tooth sprocket on the motor which is the smallest size available for it so I recommend installing a larger sprocket on the rear wheel. The original wheel sprocket on the eZip 750 electric scooter has 90 teeth. This is largest size sprocket for #25 chain that is commercially available so to obtain a larger wheel sprocket would require having one custom made. We make custom-made sprockets. Here is a link to the page where they can be ordered from: 
https://electricscooterparts.com/custom-made-sprockets.html

When ordering a custom sprocket for an eZip 750 it will need to be made to mount onto a freewheel so there is a way to thread it onto the eZip 750's wheel hub.

Our freewheel item # FWM-205 will thread onto the eZip 750 rear rim. FWM-205 has an F5 sprocket mounting pattern so a sprocket can be custom ordered with an F5 mounting pattern to work with it. FWM-205 is available on this page: 

https://electricscooterparts.com/freewheelclutches.html

When ordering a custom-made sprocket from us the F5 mounting pattern can be selected on the order form.

Thanks for the info. I am going to try a higher amperage controller first and see what happens.

I have read of many cases where this motor is overvolted by 200% and it still doesn't get very warm. I ran it in stock setup for 4.9 miles wide open with lots of uphills and the motor never even got above room temp. I didn't feel the controller because I didn't care - it's a crappy and very weak controller in the first place.

That sounds like a great place to start from. If the motor is not even getting warm then it is definitely a candidate for a larger controller or overvolting. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks. I ordered a 60amp 24v controller from you guys along with some tires. I'll let you know how that works out. I also will add a few ah with new batteries (from 12ah to 15ah) at some point but it's not much of anything that would be noticed I wouldn't think.
Thanks for your order. The Ah rating of the batteries only affects the range or ride time that they will provide, and not their power output, so you should not notice any difference in horsepower or torque between using a 12Ah or 15Ah battery pack. That being said, different Ah batteries do have different maximum continuous Amperage output ratings, however these rating are almost the same between 12Ah and 15Ah batteries so it should be nothing to be concerned about. The only difference between using 12Ah and 15Ah batteries that I would expect is for the 15Ah battery pack to provide a 20-25% longer ride time than the 12Ah battery pack provides.
25% increase in range is a pretty big deal. Looking forward to it :)
I should have asked before I placed the order - is the SPD-241000 a relatively aggressive controller as far as acceleration curve and top speed goes?

We just added the SPD-241000 24 Volt 1000 Watt controller to the site a few months ago so I have not had a chance to try one out yet, and I have not received any feedback about them from our customers yet. I have taken one apart to see what is inside and noticed that they are loaded with a lot of large FET power transistors. We have sold quite a few of them so far and nobody has complained about them being too slow so I imagine that they should deliver a fast acceleration curve and top speed.

Can I use a 12v 18ah battery for an ezip 750 scooter? will it fit?

The eZip 750 electric scooter is a 24 Volt scooter so a single 12V 18Ah battery will not provide enough Voltage for it, however, a battery pack made from two 12V 18Ah batteries will work with it. Two 12V 18Ah batteries are too large to fit in the battery box that the original 12V 12Ah batteries occupy. 

Hey Eugene, how did this work for you?

Login or Signup to post a comment