This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Mod a razor E200

This is going to be a week by week messages & a few pic of my razor standard E200 250w motor. I hated the green 1st off . Lol. So needed to go . Plus it's ok scooter well put together but needed more power. So I put a 800w 36v motor into it.new controller of course, 36v twist grip,new batteyes 3 of them 12v 7ah . Making 36v. But as I was get all this stuff it was looking good got all the bits I needed. I new the motor needed to be mounted on top of the footplate as you will see in the pictures. But there was one thing I over looked & was not till I came to putting it all together so I had started the wiring of the new controller,started to work out wear to put the new motor mounts & so on then I see a big problem. The sprocket on the new 800w motor I had got had a 8mm sprocket & 8mm chain pitch & the razor E200 uses a 6mm pitch. Could not beleve it. So when doing any mod's on your scooter make sure you have got all the parts. Even do a dummy run 1st . I wished I had I was 60% into converting it. So I will put the pic of how it was standard . Green mmmmm . Lol Then when I cut the footplate as I thought I was ready to mount the motor . I will put more pic up soon as I mount the motor and then fibreglass the backend to keep it looking nice .
image.jpeg
(227 KB)
image.jpeg
(1.88 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.1 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.79 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.05 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.82 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.09 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.03 MB)
I will put the motor in soon I take pic of that plus the battery's . I am putting the 3 battry on top as well by the front till I can work out how to rase the footplate abit to take 3 batteyes . Shod be fine . The motor will be fibreglass in as a box . So I do the same to the battry or I will rase the footplate by 1/2" . That's why I cut the footplate in the middle so u can iver get to the battery's or to the motor with out undoing all the seows and bolts. When it's all done and fibreglass in and so on and sprayed black I think with a White Pin strip lol snd may be 36v 800w down the frame some how . It will look cool just got to get there with it. Will keep puttin pic up and comments to help anyone doing a mod on there scooter. If u can get it right from wear I went wrong then it's a good thing . So far just make sure u have all parts & even do a dummy run to go over any bits that u may of forgot . Did think I get more top end speed out of this tho . May have to drop to a 44 back sprocket and not a 54 . Anyway
Is there a bigger wheel I can use I get the razor e300 wheel 9" I think got it by mistake as the seller told me it ran on a 8mm pitch lol. Got my cash back for it. It's got full kit . But I will have to cut a bit a way for it to fit one of the metal bits in side shod be ok doing that . But will have to take the brake hub off so the sprocket line up . Any Idea . I no you no a way round this. You help me so much so far. If not then I will stay using the e200 8" wheel . But looking at the E300 it looks so much better. If I had not got this E200 for £10 I would of got a razor E300 1st I think . That way I could of put a 800w-1000w motor & 36or48v and been going 30+ mph lol nice . Never mind . We have hills so as long as I get power up the hill with this 800w motor and the gearing. What can I do. I am not going to start all over again . Unless someone what to swip a razor 300 for a 800w 36v motor . & a almost done e200 lol . Anyway let me no about this back wheel if I can get bigger . :) almost there
I have not attempted to install a larger rear wheel on an E200 scooter before so I do not know what would be involved with that modification. The sprocket for #25 chain that is on the E300 wheel can be removed and replaced with a sprocket for 8mm chain if you want to use an E300 wheel for the modification.
started a topic about 1 hour ago As you may no I am upgrading my razor e200 I am putting a 800w 36v motor and so on on to it . But I could of got a 800w motor but 24v so I did not need to do the batteys of controller . What's the benefits for the 800w 36 v to the 800w 24v .shod I of just got the 800w 24 v and stayed with the 6mm running pitch . Mmmm did I do the right thing .
Have been put some pic up but will be more soon as I get a day to do the motor & wiring and battrys . Plus waiting on the fues holder and fibreglass to come so it can be done in a day. It's been a long time caming lol. I was ready befor then got stoped on the 8mm sprocket lol. Had the wiring all sorted & the batteyes worked out. Never mind . This Time I do it it shod be one day max. Plus do the boxing with fibreglass for the motor.
I hatted the green , did it in primer gray . Was going to do black with maybe a pin sriped down the side . Or saying 36v 800w Lol not sure . Any one no of a cool Colour to the scooter . Git to admit the green is a bad colour . But not red as I am a CFC fans lol . So I am thinking black with a pin stripe & saying the power & volt . But open to ideas .
So update as u no I hated the green . So it's now gray. I have got the 8mm sprocket to fit the 800w motor & chain. As u will see in the pic the motor has to be put on top of the footplate as its to dam big. Lol .
image.jpeg
(2.38 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.09 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.1 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.03 MB)
The motor is big so cuts had to be made & so on . But like I sed befor get all the bits u need 1st . I did say that I started this months ago and when I striped out the battrys and controller & so on I then found out that the sprocket on the 800w motor was a 8mm pitch & the sprocket on the wheel was a #25 . So do make sure u got all parts & even do a dummy run going over it as like u was going to do the. upgrade . Trust me I thought I was ready but found out the hard way & had to fit all the old controller u name it back into it so I could still use it . Now as the motor is big & on top I had to make a cover . So I used fibreglass to do the job
image.jpeg
(1.97 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.07 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.25 MB)
image.jpeg
(599 KB)
image.png
(1.18 MB)
As u can see I had to make a cover as the moter is big & on top so could not leave it like that
image.png
(1.18 MB)
image.jpeg
(599 KB)
image.jpeg
(2.07 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.18 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.25 MB)
I have two 800w motors to use not sure witch one to use . Any help One has two bults at the back so u can adjust it forwords & back . But I am not sure why . So if anyone can let me no . Is it best to move it all the way forwords . & the other motor is a fixed backing . The adjustable one is 12 teeth . & the other one is 11 . So not much but would like to no what motor is better . If anyone can help me with that
The 1st motor 800w 36v is the one that has the bults at the back that I need help with do I move it forward or just leave it . What duz it do if I move it . The other moter is a 800w 36v . But new never been used but 11teeth sprocket . What one is better . Why make a motor that can be moved forwords or back to make it more powerful or slower why not just put it at the most power . Or am I wrong . Do I move the bults or not just leave them as they are set in the middle to get the best out of it . Please any help
image.jpeg
(1.19 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.89 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.22 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.87 MB)
I can not say which motor would be best to use. I think you would have to guess at that or try both motor to see which one has better performance. The motor with variable brush timing was designed like that so the timing could be adjusted which gives the motor a larger range of uses. For example the timing could be set to less advanced for a use that requires the motor to run at full load at a low rpm, or could be more advanced for a use that requires the motor to run at a full load at high RPM. If you choose to install that motor then I recommend leaving the timing as it is and running the scooter, then try adjusting the timing a little forward and backward and see if the performance increases during any of the timing changes.
The pic u showed me is for 36v to 48v I am doing 24v to 36v so I just drop one of the battrys . But done r saying if I try and charged the battrys like that I will get blue smock I.e it will not work . Now I trust you as so far you have help me all the way with my scooter . If I put the 24v port charger to the battery's & then charge the 12v one will it go bang on me , or shod I put them into parrel I think it's called to charge them on 12v . Help please . ASAP p.s I have this LED TWIST grip that I can not get to work . Will it work on my 4pin ends from the razor e200 the new one has 3pins but a yellow one as well . So 4 will it work . I put pic up image.jpeg image.jpeg (419 KB) image.jpeg image.jpeg (2.02 MB) image.jpeg image.jpeg (168 KB) image.png image.png (133 KB) image.jpeg image.jpeg (1.41 MB)
I payed £15 for this scooter.I wanted a razor e300 but for that price how can I say no,I did not like the green so my son & I sprayed it gray primer,then did a bit of blue.git a 800w36v motor and controller & all the bits,then after having it all apart found out I needed a T8F chain & sprocket. Lol . So put it back together. I orderd the sprocket & chain but was not hard to see that the motor was not just a boult on, the holes was a bit out & needed drilling & setting right. Not hard but then I worked it out 800w 36v is powerful & a good motor but if I JD of gone for the 800w24v then on 36v that's like running a 1200w motor. So I had a rethink. I ordered a 350w 24v motor anyway as the 250w motor in the scooter 11Mph was getting to slow & I had to wait to get the chain & sprocket so that was going to take 3/4weeks so I got this 350w to play with. So out came the old 250w & in with the new & gess what. Yep not a strait fit,had to take off the kickstand & cut the mounting boult off.Allways something, so tested that and not bad not much diff top end but going up a hill and u don't slow down. Then I had a brainwave dont happen often but wow , put the two motors together. One on top of each other. And the fixing holes will be the same the shaft on the motor shod be the same it was looking go. & on 24v mmmmm well you see.
image.jpeg
(2.12 MB)
image.png
(133 KB)
image.png
(90.4 KB)
image.jpeg
(1.41 MB)
image.jpeg
(1.88 MB)
image.jpeg
(2.02 MB)