This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

upgrading crazy cart XL

I want to know what i need to buy to upgrade my crazy cart XL to a 1000w motor. I have read that i may need to add battery life and a new controller to go with the new motor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I just checked and the Razor Crazy Cart XL has a 36 Volt 12Ah battery pack so you could custom install a 36 Volt 1000 Watt motor without upgrading or changing the battery pack.

With a 1000 Watt motor the ride time with the original 12Ah battery pack would be less than with the original 500 watt motor though, so if you want it to have the same amount of ride time with a 1000 Watt motor then larger batteries would need to be installed.

Whether you use the original battery pack or upgrade to a larger one, the only parts other than the motor that are required is a 1000 Watt speed controller, and possibly a different length of chain. Any of our 36 Volt 1000 Watt controllers can be custom installed on a Razor Crazy cart XL and will work with any of our 36 Volt 1000 Watt motors.

The original power switch and throttle will work with our controllers and we can help with providing directions for wiring them together.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for your reply! I would like to upgrade the battery as well to keep the same drive time. If possible, I hate to be needy, but if possible could you link me the exact controller/batteries/motor that I could install?

You are welcome and thank you for joining our forum. Great idea to upgrade the battery pack so it has the same amount of drive time. We have not modified a Crazy Cart XL with a 1000 Watt motor yet so I am not sure how these parts will fit into the space that the cart has. So I will post dimensions of the parts before their links:

Motor Options:

Controller Options: (SPD-361000B is smaller in size and easier to wire, SPD-362000 is more heavy-duty but requires a heavy-duty power switch or power relay)

Batteries: (22Ah batteries should provide the same ride time with a 1000 Watt motor)

Charger: The original charger could be used with 22Ah batteries however it would take 10-14 hours to recharge. For the same recharge time as with the original batteries a 36 Volt 2.5 Amp or 3 Amp charger would be needed)

Sweet. Thank you so much. I'm going to go with the smallest dimension motor, the smaller and easier to wire controller, the battery you listed, and the 2.5amp charger (the 3 am is out of stock)

Final question, how many of those batteries do i need? Just one? and will i need to buy any addition wires or will these come with / work with the current wires I have

That sounds like a good idea. Three 12V batteries will be needed to make the 36 Volt battery pack. The Crazy Cart XL's original wires should be 14 gauge which is a little thin for a 1000 Watt motor. I would upgrade to 12 gauge wire for all of the wiring between the batteries and controller.

Hey ESP Support! 

I have a standard crazy cart (Not XL) and am looking to upgrade to a 36v 1000w motor as well. I'll possibly look at overvolting the motor to 48v, so other than a 48v 1000w controller, and the 36v 1000w motor, what else will I be needing to achieve the upgrade? 

Cheers!

Hi Tim,

The only other electrical parts which would be needed that I can think of would be the battery pack, battery pack wiring harness with fuse holder and fuse, and battery charger.

The original power switch could be used with the new 48V 1000W controller if it was removed from the power lines between the battery pack and controller and went directly to the new controller's power switch connector, or if the controller does not have a power switch connector then to a power relay or contactor that switches power on and off between the battery pack and controller.

Hi Charles

How did you get on with your motor upgrade?

Login or Signup to post a comment