1-800-908-8082

8am-5pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday

Electric dolly project

Hello,

I am an engineering student and my capstone project is to design and build and electric cart to transport two welding cylinders. We have the cart designed and now we are trying to determine a motor size. Calling manufacturers hasn't gotten me anywhere.

Specs:

~ 600 pounds

walking speed (~3 mph)

15 degree max incline

Can anyone provide guidance ?

One more thing I would like to mention before you order the kit is that if the welding cart will be demonstrated on relatively flat ground then one controller will work okay, however if it will be demonstrated with a 600 pound load going up a 15 degree grade then I highly recommend using two speed controllers, as one might not output enough power to do the job, or might overheat from being pushed to its limit. Adding a second controller will only increase the price of the kit by $36.00 and the shipping price will remain the same.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

The suggestion for a second speed controller is good and we would like to go with that.  The issue we are seeing currently is that the motor we need is out of stock.  We are not sure that we can wait the extra 10-15 days for the motor to come in stock before you send out the kit.  Is it at all possible to get a faster timeline on the delivery or could we get a quote for a kit without the motors and we can try and source them elsewhere.

I will add a second controller to the kit after we decide how to modify it. The second controller will raise the price of the kit by $45.00.

We can make the kit without the motors, however I checked everywhere and there are no stores in the USA that have these motors in stock right now. There is a seller on Amazon that shows them in stock however when we contacted them they said they were actually out of stock. Hopefully you will have better luck than us and are able to find them in the USA though.

It takes us 10-14 days to get the motors because we need to have them air shipped with DHL from our distributor in China. We can get them air shipped with FedEx and get them in 5-8 days for an extra $60 per motor. Our sea shipment of these motors is due to arrive in around 4 weeks and then we will have a large quantity of them in stock.

Please think all of this over and let us know what would be the best way to modify the kit.

Just a couple of safety concerns we had about the speed controller, does this prevent the motor from running while it is charging?  Does the charge port shut off when the motor is running?

The speed controller does not prevent the motor from running when a battery charger is plugged into the charger port. The charger port does not shut off when the motor is running or when the power switch is on.

The charger port wires are soldered directly to the battery wire posts inside of the controller, and they do not go through any electrical components that could control them.

If you have a requirement for the motor to not run when the batteries are charging, then it would be possible to bridge the positive terminal of the charger plug to the unused third charger plug terminal, and then have a relay energize from the third charger plug pin when it is plugged into the port. We currently do not carry any 36 Volt relays (however we will in around 4 weeks) so this is something you would need to implement on your own, however we could provide a wiring diagram for it.

Can you put the kit together with the second speed controller with no motors please.  This will be the option we are going with.

also if you could let me know the shipping on that kit it would be greatly appreciated

I went ahead and made the updated kit with two controllers and no motors. It is our item number KIT-157-C. Here is the link to it: https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KIT-157-C

The kit's shipping fee could be immediately determined by adding the kit into our shopping cart and then entering the State and Zip code that the kit will be shipped to and clicking on the green 'Recalculate' button.

I would also be glad to calculate the shipping rate and let you know what it is if you could please let me know the State and Zip Code that the kit will be shipped to?

We are expecting for the 36 Volt 600 Watt gear motors to be back in stock on Monday so if you have not found and still need these gear motors then please let us know.

What is the fastest available shipping and how much would the shipping cost

The fastest shipping method would be with FedEx First Overnight, however around $120.00 could be saved by using FedEx Priority Overnight instead. Here are the shipping options and rates for two of these motors being shipped to your zip code.

The order has been placed. Thank you for all your help. We appreciate you updating us!
Our order arrived today and it seems our 10' length of chain did not include its masterlink. The description said that it would have one on it so we just ordered one extra to accommodate for the two motors we have. Would it be possible to send out the missing masterlink with our motors?
I apologize that our shipping department failed to include a master link with the chain. We will include the missing master link with your motor shipment.

HI, we are putting our kit together and we notice that there is nowhere to connect the circuit breakers into the wiring.  Do we need to just cut the wires to add the circuit breakers or is there a connector we are missing to easily add them to our circuit?

Login or Signup to post a comment