1-800-908-8082

8am-5pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday

E100 Twist & Go kit

Morning, I'm building a go kart for my daughter using a Razor E100 as the powertrain. Looking for a controller and throttle kit to eliminate the push start feature on the scooter if there's something available? Also, given that the kart is probably twice the weight on the original scooter is there a kit option that would futureproof the system should I need to upgrade the motor to something more powerful perhaps a 300w? Any help with this project is much appreciated Thanks Kenny

We can make a kit for the Razor E100 scooter which has a variable speed controller and throttle. We would just need to know what version the scooter is so we can wire the kit to work with that version. 

The version is coded into the scooter's ID tag and is the two numbers in the red circle of the ID tag shown below.

A controller rated for a 300 Watt motor, such as our 350 Watt controllers, could be used with the E100 scooter's original motor. The E100's motor is rated at 100 Watts so a 350 Watt controller would output more current than the motor is rated for which under the right conditions could cause the motor to overheat, so that is something to consider when choosing the parts which will be used for the modification. If the motor overheats its coil insulation could burn off and cause a short circuit which would burn out the controller. 

So it is kind of a gamble to install a 350 Watt controller with a 100 Watt motor with plans to upgrade to a 300 Watt motor in the future. If you want to play it safe then using a 150 Watt controller with the 100 Watt motor would be the best bet, however, if you want to take a chance then the 350 Watt controller could be installed. 

Please let us know if you have any questions. If you would like a kit then please let us know the scooter's version number and we will be glad to make one.

Thanks for the reply, I no longer have the serial on the scooter itself but the charger has -44- as the version number. Going in that feedback a 150w throttle and controller would be ideal. Thanks Kenny
Morning, are you able to point me in the direction of the correct kit for this application? Thanks again, Kenny

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for how long this has taken, we have not forgotten about this kit it has just taken us a while to figure it out and make it. 

We have the kit ready to purchase now. it is our item # KIT-E100. Here is the link to it: https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KIT-E100

On the Razor E100 scooter, the original throttle and brake lever are not compatible with the variable speed controller in the kit so we had to include a new throttle and brake lever to make all of the parts compatible with each other. The kit contains everything needed to convert the E100 scooter to have variable speed control and to remove the push-to-start feature so the scooter starts running as soon as the throttle is twisted.

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Login or Signup to post a comment