This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

2 razor e100 hybrid thing?

So this is kind of weird, i know, but im going to have 2 razoer e100 scooters soon and a razor e100 will not work super well for me so i was toying around with the idea of making some kind of hybrid vehicle or taking the motors and putting them on one chassis. So i have come up with a few ideas and i was wondering other peoples opinions, my first thing that came to mind was obviously trying to stuff two 100 watt motors on the one scooter and trying to see f that would work, but i quickly realized that that would be extremely hard to do and i thought of some other ideas. a few of my others ideas include putting the scooters side by side and removing the handlebars on one  and using the other one for steering. My best idea that i think would be lining up the 2 scooters end to end (like a limo)() and having 2 separate drive trains.

i dont have a big budget ($20). 

As for wiring i was going to see if i could use one throttle connected to two separate controllers and 2 separate batteries and motors.

If you have any suggestions i would love to hear from you

scoot.PNG
(392 KB)

Sell those, add $20, and get a nice E300 or E300S with the wide tires.

Actually, if you were to make some type of double sprocket contraption, you might be able to use 2 motors on the same chassis.  There would be a short chain from the front motor sprocket to the rear motor's 2nd sprocket.  Make sure they are the same # of teeth such as 11 each.

I don't think u could fit 2 sprockets on one motor

You could fit 2 sprockets on one motor shaft if you have access to a machinist willing to assist.

I've got a friend were just missing the time

A good initial test would be to mount the 2 motors on a piece of wood and connect them with a chain (make sure both have the same number of tooth sprockets), and see if you can get them to "synchronize" using 2 controllers and drawing from the same battery pack. Variations of this are possible but if I was attempting this project, I would want to test this first before trying to do some fancy double motor mounting on an extended deck custom welded scooter. I think it is worth a try but if you are "strapped" for time, just get a more powerful scooter such as the E-300 or E-300S and slightly overvolt it for more power and more speed. Good luck.

Login or Signup to post a comment