This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor e 300 battery upgrade

Just ordered a brand new razor E 300, I was wondering would it be possible to only upgrade the battery to a 46 Watt battery? I’m really not interested in any more speed just longer battery life before the next recharge. Thank you

1 person likes this idea

Razor has already stuffed the largest size batteries that could possibly fit inside of the E300 scooter's battery box so to modify the scooter to have larger batteries would require raising the footplate. Two 12V 15Ah batteries will fit in the battery box and stick up around 1-1/2" above the frame.

Two 12V 12Ah or 12V 15Ah Batteries

Two 12V 10Ah Batteries

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

If I put in the two 12 watts 15 amp Batteries how much more extra right time will I get? With the factory batteries they claim that I get a 40 minute ride time
With the Factory 24 V batteries you get 40 minutes right time. What is the ride time with the two 12V 15ah batteries?
What would the extra ride time be?

The extra ride time with a larger battery pack will be between proportional to over-proportional to the increase in the battery pack's Ah rating. For example, if the original 7Ah batteries provide a 40 minute ride time then 14Ah batteries would provide a ride time between 80 and 88 minutes depending on the conditions that the scooter is driven under.

• Another option, instead of going with larger batteries, is to keep the original small batteries and just add another same size pair and parallel the 2 pair to maintain 24V.  Doing so would effectively give you about double the ride time compared to a single pair of batteries.  I've done this before and it works.  You could use a basket to hold the 2nd pair of batteries but make sure they are secured so they don't move around like when going over bumps.  Some velcro fasteners are good.  Note that the charge time can increase cuz u will have more total power.  For "short" rides, this is actually better for the batteries cuz they will not go into as deep a state of discharge, however, it is healthy for them occasionally to be discharged 50% or more and then given a nice slow overnight charge.  It is also a good idea to make the newer, healthier batteries the helper batteries since they will likely have lower resistance and will drain quicker.  By running some wires a few feet long to a place like a rear basket, that added resistance will help balance things so that all 4 batteries drain (and charge) about equally.  Experiment and see what works best.  Check the resting voltages of the batteries a few minutes after a long ride and compare them. You might even be able to "ground" the frame to the negative post of the batteries, thus only requiring one "long" wire to link (parallel) the 2 battery packs.  Find a good unpainted part of the frame that has good electrical contact and "ground" it there but check first if the frame is already "grounded" by using a multitester or just a voltmeter by touching the black lead to the a section of unpainted frame at various spots and the red lead to either positive terminal on the battery bank. 

Login or Signup to post a comment