This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor EcoSmart Scooter Battery Upgrade Conversion

The batteries in my eco metro razor scooter are 12v-7amh ,I've had the scooter for about 3 years and I'm assuming they need to be changed out as I'm only getting a 15 min run time as of now, my question is,how high of a voltage and amp can I go with,without having to switch out any parts,wiring or charger on my scooter? Ty in advance

1 person likes this idea

I used three 12 volt 12 ah batteries. They sit side-by-side 3 in a row just fine you may have to add some extra long wires.

You could upgrade to three 12 Volt 15Ah batteries without having to change any other parts except for needing longer battery pack wires. 

We make a plug-and-play 36V 12Ah and 36V 15Ah battery pack for the EcoSmart scooter which have a new wiring harness with long enough wires already soldered onto the batteries. These battery packs can be found on the Razor EcoSmart Parts Page

We also sell the individual batteries on these pages: 

12 Volt 12Ah Batteries

12 Volt 15Ah Batteries

Razor solders the battery pack harness wires onto the batteries for good reason because if the wires are not soldered onto the batteries and are connected with push-on terminals then they may become loose after a while and cause problems with charging and/or with the scooter running properly down the road.  

It seems to me like they designed the EcoSmart scooter for three 12Ah batteries and then at the last minute decided to use three 7Ah batteries instead to help keep the cost down. For even more runtime than the 36V 12Ah battery pack, we carry the 36V 15Ah battery pack which will provide 25% more runtime. 

Three 12V 12Ah or 15Ah Batteries Installed In the Razor EcoSmart Scooter

I have 3 12v15ah batteries, with a full charge how much distance on flat land should I expect to get?

We would estimate around 90 minutes on flat ground so long as there are not too many stops and goes or headwind along the way.

Now is it necessary to upgrade my speed controller to 800 or even 1000 W?

If the original 500 Watt motor is being used then we do not recommend installing an 800 or 1000 Watt controller because the original 500 Watt controller is perfectly matched to the stock motor. 

Login or Signup to post a comment