This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

What do "brake" and "light" wires do on E.S.C

Im building the coolest custom job you will ever see and Im using a scooter ESC with labeled wires, but the "brake" and "light" wires seem to have very very low or no volts going through them. What would they normally do? Im sorry to say I bought it from your competitor before I stumbled onto Electronic Scooter Parts, but a good answer will earn my patronage.

The term ESC is usually used to describe electronic speed controllers for remote control models. Electric scooter and bike controllers are more commonly called controllers, speed controllers, or modules. When I saw the acronym ESC I knew exactly what you meant though.

The connector labelled "brake" is either for a brake lever switch or a brake light. The connector labelled "light" is either for a brake light or a power indicator light. There is no definitive answer to which function connectors with those labels are for since different controller manufacturers label their connectors differently.

If the connector labelled "light" has very very low or no Voltage output present when the controller is turned on, then I would lean towards it being for the brake light, because if it was for the power indicator light then it would have full battery pack Voltage output present when the controller is turned on. And if the connector labelled "light" is determined to be for the brake light, then the connector labeled "brake" would have to be for the brake lever switch.

Login or Signup to post a comment