My dog recently chewed through the brake wire cable to the controller. My City Cruiser no longer runs. I have read through a number of the threads here for potential solutions but was not successful. However, I have learned some basic issues to explore. I have tried the following and still can not get the scooter to run. I am hoping someone here can provide some assistance. thanks.
1. Disconnected the brake wire cable from the speed controller and still no luck.
2. Replaced the batteries with two new ones. They were able to charge. Confirmed I am getting 25V across the two batteries with a multimeter.
3. Turned power switch on. Light comes on. Lifted the rear of the scooter and turn throttle. Motor does not turn. Walked the scooter at walking speed and turn throttle with no effect.
4. Motor does turn when i connect it directly to batteries.
5. Ordered the following controller: CT-201C6 24V 250W.
6. Even though I have the wiring diagram, I am having some problems making the connections since the wiring color/and number of wires are all different from the original manufacturer and the plugs are different.
Does anyone have any other ideas I can try if the controller is not the issue? Much thanks.
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I am unable to try out your suggestion because I had already soldered the two wires of the brake back together, red to red and black to black. I reconnected to the speed controller and still no go. I also had purchased a new brake handle with the wiring cable and tried that without positive results. Also bought a new throttle handle with wiring and tried that without success. So I pretty much replaced everything except connecting the new speed controller. If you can help me connect the new speed controller I would appreciate it. Attached is a picture of the existing/factory speed controller with the connectors labeled before I disconnected everything and a picture of the new controller (silver) with my guesses as to what the connectors are but the connectors don’t match.
Our parts list shows that the original throttle on the Hello Kitty electric scooter is a two wire non-variable speed type throttle which is not compatible with the CT201C6 controller because it is variable speed controller. In order to be able to use the CT201C6 controller you will need to have a variable speed throttle. The THR-84 throttle shown in the drawing above is compatible with the CT201C6 controller and has a built-in battery gauge to show the power level of the battery pack.