My dog recently chewed through the brake wire cable to the controller. My City Cruiser no longer runs. I have read through a number of the threads here for potential solutions but was not successful. However, I have learned some basic issues to explore. I have tried the following and still can not get the scooter to run. I am hoping someone here can provide some assistance. thanks.
1. Disconnected the brake wire cable from the speed controller and still no luck.
2. Replaced the batteries with two new ones. They were able to charge. Confirmed I am getting 25V across the two batteries with a multimeter.
3. Turned power switch on. Light comes on. Lifted the rear of the scooter and turn throttle. Motor does not turn. Walked the scooter at walking speed and turn throttle with no effect.
4. Motor does turn when i connect it directly to batteries.
5. Ordered the following controller: CT-201C6 24V 250W.
6. Even though I have the wiring diagram, I am having some problems making the connections since the wiring color/and number of wires are all different from the original manufacturer and the plugs are different.
Does anyone have any other ideas I can try if the controller is not the issue? Much thanks.
I am attaching a picture of the wiring and a close up the throttle connection. I hope the labels will help identify any potential issue. Yes, there is a 30 amp fuse between the battery and the switch. I was able to get everything to work once. The throttle lights came on and the throttle did vary the motor speed. However, when I disconnected the two red wires from the test switch to reconnect them to the actual switch on the scooter, i inadvertently reversed the two red wire positions on the switch. As a result, the fuse blew. After replacing the fuse, the throttle lights no longer come on and nothing works. The light on the power switch does come on.
After the wires are connected to the switch as shown in the photo above everything should work. I would have the switch in the OFF position until all the wire connections are made and then flip the switch on for testing.