This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Speed controller and kind of scooter did I buy

I bought this scooter from a very nice guy in Alaska he said all it needed was a speed controller. And to order it from y'all so I did. It's the wrong one at least I think it is . I can't seem to figure out what kind of scooter I have . I took some pictures of three scooter the part I need and the old one . If you can help me, that would be wonderful!!... Thank you The lady just wants to ride before the snow falls Karen
jpg
jpg
jpg
jpg
That is an E-Scooter type of electric scooter. The SPD-SD400 controller is not the right one for it because it requires a heavy duty power switch and the E-Scooter has a light duty power or key switch. The existing controller in the photos is not the right controller for it either because it is a Razor scooter controller which also requires a heavy duty power switch. The right controller for that type of scooter is a SPD-24250 or a SPD-24250A both of which are available on this page: http://www.electricscooterparts.com/speedcontrollers24volt.html

The connectors that go to the controller were wired differently on most different E-Scooter models so to install a new controller may require moving the positions of the terminals in the connectors or cutting and splicing the wires together. Our controllers come with wiring directions that show to what part each wire and connector on the controller goes to.

Login or Signup to post a comment