8am-5pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday
Start a new topic

Avigo Extreme Scooter lost charger and battery never worked

It's been awhile since I first purchased the electric scooter for my son and since day one it never worked. Then he wasn't big enough for it really but now that's he's 9 it's more his speed. So now I'm trying to figure out what to do to get it running and working. The charger is lost and the batteries light never turned. What do I need to get this running? And what do I need to do. Thanks!
(27.9 KB)
The Avigo Extreme electric scooter requires pushing off to around walking speed before it will turn on. This is a safety feature so the scooter can not be accidentally started when moving the scooter or leaning against it.

The battery in the scooter has an expected lifespan of around 2 years if it is recharged every month, regardless of whether the scooter is being used or not. If the battery is not recharged every month then its lifespan will drop down to around 6 months.

Since the scooter has been stored for a while without recharging the battery, and the battery appears to have not worked in the first place, to be on the safe side I would recommend replacing the battery and purchasing a charger for the scooter.

We have been trying to figure out what the wiring harness on the Avigo Extreme battery looks like so we can make replacements for it. If you have any way of taking a photo of the scooter's old battery and its wiring harness and posting it here that would really help us a lot, and we would be able to offer you a new plug-and-play battery for the scooter.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Avigo Extreme Scooter

Well, the battery isn't visible and I can not see where I can access it.
Model #8801-01

The model # 8801-01 is for the Avigo Extreme electric scooter, so that is definitely the make and model of scooter that you have.

The battery is located directly under the plastic footplate which is attached to the scooter's metal frame with screws. The heads of these screws are accessible from the top side of the plastic footplate. To detach the footplate all of the screws need to be removed and then the footplate can be lifted up off of the scooter and the battery will then be visible underneath it.

To install a new battery with attached wiring harness and connector, simply plug it into the scooter where the old battery was unplugged, and then place the plastic footplate over the scooter's frame and reinstall the screws that hold the footplate to the scooter's frame.

Here is a link to the page that we sell Avigo Extreme scooter parts on: http://www.electricscooterparts.com/avigoextremeelectricscooterparts.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Got it! Thank you. Attachments included as requested. Let me know if you need anything else!
(1.22 MB)
(1.39 MB)
(1.22 MB)
(1.25 MB)
Thank you very much for taking and attaching the photos - they are perfect. We can now make a plug-and-play Avigo Extreme battery with wiring harness and plugs that will plug right into the scooter where the old battery was unplugged. Since you provided the photos for us we will not charge you anything for making and attaching the wiring harness and plugs onto the battery and it is listed at $24.95 which is the same price as the battery without wires and plugs. The price will increase by $5.00 in a week or two after we list the plug-and-play battery on the website though.

Here is a link to the Avigo Extreme plug-and-play battery: https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AEX-BATTERY2

Here is a link to the Avigo Extreme battery charger: https://cart.electricscooterparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CHR-12V1ACX

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

I'm left confused a little... What am I not being charged for?
Sorry for the confusion. We are not charging you for the parts and labor to install the wires and plugs onto the battery. We do this for all of our customers who take the time to provide us with photos showing how a battery's wires and plugs are attached to it. Once the battery with wires and plugs is made, photographed, and listed on our website then we will raise the price by $5.00 to cover the cost of the materials and labor.
Still confused.. I don't understand what the point of me taking the pictures for you was for. Am I entitled to a free replacement battery or not? That's what I thought was originally stated. Must've read it wrong. So to get this back up and running I have to by both battery and charger totaling about $55?
The photos give us the information to make a plug-and-play battery. Before we had the photos we did not know how to make one and could only offer a battery that did not have wires and plugs attached, and to which the old battery's wires would need to be cut off and soldered onto.

I do apologize for the confusion. When I wrote that "we would be able to offer you a new plug-and-play battery for the scooter" I meant that we would be able to offer you one for sale, and not that we would be able to offer one for free, or in exchange for the photos. We do offer the first person who sends us photos of a battery or battery pack with wires and plugs free materials and labor for the wires and plugs in exchange for the photo. I am sorry for the confusion and will try to be more clear about this next time.

Login or Signup to post a comment