This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Wiring on a throttle that is red, green, and yellow??

I have a Half Length Twist Throttle that is missing the connector that has red, green, and a yellow wiring, i'm assuming the red is the + not sure of the others. is has markings that say Currie and  i believe it came off a Mongoose M350 electric scooter, any ideas would be helpful.  Also does any one know how and why or what can go bad on a throttle.

I have a zappy pro flex , it would not go , I ordered a throttle and pluged it in and it ran , I drove about a block and it quit ?everything leads.to throttle. Ground good , blue wire has 5 volts going in but nothing coming out green ? Does anyone have an idea ?
Throttles that have red, green, and yellow wires are designed as follows:

Red = +5V Input
Yellow = Ground
Green = 1-4V Output

The reason that most throttles stop working is because of something physical instead of electrical, such as an accident that caused a magnet that has come unglued inside of it, or a broken wire inside the cable, or a loose connection between the wires and Hall-effect sensor inside of the throttle. It is extremely rare for the Hall-effect sensor inside of the throttle to fail and if one does it is usually from a miswiring that caused reverse polarity to its red and black wires, or positive polarity to its output wire to be fed to it.
Regarding the Zappy Pro Flex scooter, if the throttle has +5 Volts going to its input wire, negative going to its negative wire, and no output Voltage at its output wire, then the throttle has is not working. The failure could be from a bad connection between the wires and sensor inside the throttle, a damaged wire in the throttle cable, a bad connection between a wire and terminal in the throttle connector, or something else along those lines. 

Login or Signup to post a comment