This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor Ecosmart Metro Freewheel Clutch

I just bought a new Razor Ecosmart Metro,,and the Freewheel Clutch has 1.5 to 2 inches of travel before it engages, causing it to clunk and bang when accelerating.      is there some kind of adjustment for this problem?

The freewheel clutch is a sealed unit and it does not have any way to adjust it. There is only around 1/4 inch of play on a new freewheel so it sounds like that old freewheel is just about worn out.

We do not have it listed on the Razor Ecosmart Metro parts page yet however our FWM-120 is a great freewheel choice because it can be removed with a tool instead of by disassembling it like the FWM-125 needs to be. The FWM-400 tool to remove the FWM-120 freewheel are both sold on the same page at this link: www.electricscooterparts.com/freewheelclutches.html

The FWM-400 tool is not needed to install The FWM-120 freewheel though because it will thread onto the wheel hub by hand.

yO9w5KVT5JTxnc8tCgG0I4e2_iibvnqI6w.jpg0wfvn01csbslLU5Ln_6AHJ8Ao2W8N8l2Zg.jpg

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,,I am trying to get Razor to take care of it,the scooter is only 2 weeks old. I will surely buy any parts i need from u guys. You have been extra helpful. Thanks again.

I did not realize that the scooter was brand new - I must have thought that it was newly purchased but used. It should be covered under warranty then. The 1/4" play in the freewheel is amplified a little at the teeth of the sprocket because they are further away from the center of the freewheel however there should not be 1-1/2 to 2 inches of play, that is just too much.
I put in a support ticket w/razor,,and they are sending me a complete rear wheel assembly. Will let you know if problem solved.
I think I have the same problem. I think I have a fualty rear wheel assembly. How do I contact razo to get help with this?

I contacted support through the Razor website,,,My scooter was still under warranty so they sent me a new rear wheel assembly,,but to tell you the truth, I still have the wheel they sent me in the box in my closet,,I found the clunking is just the way the freewheel works. Havent had any problems with it at all.

Login or Signup to post a comment