This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Top speed throttle DC output regulator needed

I have taken a E-zip stand up scooter and adapted a curie 1000 watt motor with a 24-60 volt controller and throttle and a 56 volt EGO lithium ion battery !   and it all worked awesome , except only 2 people ride it ---   you can be doing 20 mph and hit it and it will wheel stand , not to mention what it does off the start . Anyway what I'm trying to do is find a voltage regulator to put in the system to adjust the 56 volts down to maybe 36 or 48 volts and still keeping the range from 56 volts and down.If there is a switch or regulator , I would be sooo grateful if you could help me . You have helped me so so much in the past on projects and thanks for that .   Warren

There are DC-DC Voltage converters that will drop 56 Volts down to 48 or 36 Volts however for one that can handle 1000 Watts of power it would be very big and expensive. The scooter's speed controller already is a Voltage converter of sorts so what I recommend is to use a Throttle Top Speed Adjustable Limiter. This device will limit the throttle's output Voltage so the throttle will not be at full speed when it is turned up all the way. This limiter is fully adjustable from full power to no power and everywhere in between. We sell them at this link:

If the connectors or wire colors of our throttle limiter do not match those of your controller then please let us know and we will make one that is compatible with your controller and throttle.

Login or Signup to post a comment