This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

increase the range and power of my Razor Power Core E100

Hi I would like to increase the range and power of my Razor Power Core E100 scooter. I don’t necessarily want to increase the speed but would like to at least maintain the same speed going up inclines and carrying a 200lbs rider. What do you suggest and can you supply the parts.

Increasing the Power Core E100's range is possible, however increasing its power is not.

The Razor Power Core E100 electric scooter's range could be increased by installing a larger battery pack into the scooter and raising its footplate to accommodate the wider batteries. The original Power Core E100 battery pack has two 12V 6Ah batteries and each battery is 151mm long x 52mm wide x 94mm high. We carry 8Ah and 9Ah batteries that have the exact same length and height, however, are 65mm wide. The batteries are installed on their sides so it is the additional battery width that would require the footplate to be raised.

Unfortunately increasing the power of the Power Core E100 scooter to obtain better hill climbing performance is not something that can easily be done. The reason for this is that the Power Core E100's motor is built into the rear wheel and its power is transmitted to the wheel with gears instead of with a chain or belt. This makes installing a larger motor on the Power Core E100 scooter very difficult to do because it would require machining new gears and mounts for the motor which, unless you are a machinist, would cost much more than the price of the scooter when it was newly purchased.

If you want an electric scooter that has more hill climbing power, my advice is to sell the Power Core E100, and purchase a more powerful scooter such as the Razor E200, E300, or EcoSmart.

ok I scrapped that idea. I have purchased an old Razor E300 still in working order. I would like to increase range and power. I don’t necessarily want to increase the speed but would like to at least maintain the same speed going up inclines and carrying a 200lbs rider also would like a variable speed controller. What do you suggest and can you supply all the parts (would Li-ion Batteries, LiFePO4 Batteries or NiMH Batteries be a better choice are they worth the money

U will have good fun erg the e300 . Changed the back sprocket to 44ot 47 . Standard u think it's 54. Put a350w motor or 500w motor into it . It all fits no problem . Then go for a 36v pack . Good luck jay

Login or Signup to post a comment