This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Celco Profil Information and Parts

I ended up with an electric scooter that was missing batteries, controller and charger and I can't find out much information about it.  I need to find the controller, wiring diagram and the battery/charger.  I find some information on the internet, but apparently, this came from Italy and all the information is in Italian.  Can anyone tell me where I need to go?  The only information on the bike is it's a "Celco Profil Cip 025"

I found some online photos of the Celco Profil Cip 025 electric scooter and recognize it as a common Chinese-made electric scooter so parts to get it running will be readily available. However since these type of scooters do not for the most part use standardized connector wiring the parts will not be plug-and-play and will need to be custom wired to the scooter.

Chances are extremely low that a wiring diagram could be found for the scooter however the motor will have standard wiring that can be connected to a new controller. The scooter is almost certainly 48 Volts with a battery pack made from four 12 Volt batteries.

Since the scooter is in a salvaged state and is missing parts the batteries may have been sitting for a long time without being recharged. The first step I would take is to remove the batteries and test them with a multimeter to see if they are still holding a charge. If they have around 12 Volts in them then they may or may not be good and a load test would be needed to determine if they still hold their charge under load. If they have zero Volts or under 10 Volts in them then they are most likely too far gone to be saved and would need to be replaced.

Once the battery pack has been sorted then a new battery charger and controller could be purchased and installed.

We can help with wiring the controller if you could attach photos of the scooter's wiring.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the quick reply.  As for the first step - the scooter doesn't have any batteries and it's a 24 V system.  There's a pic of a similar scooter to show the size and placement of the batter.  I have attached a few pictures of the wiring of the scooter.  I hope that there's enough detail on the picture.  

I did pull some information from the internet;

Motor - Celco Profil SE Type CBMK1 DC with permanent magnets, 4-pole 24 V (with carbon brushes).  The picture shows 900W.

Regulator - Electronic

Let me know if any other pictures will help.

Scooter 01.JPG
(61.9 KB)
Motor 01.JPG
(3.47 MB)
Handlebar.JPG
(2.71 MB)
Wiring 03.JPG
(2.47 MB)
Wiring 02.JPG
(3.16 MB)
Thanks for attaching the pictures. Wow the parts and wiring of that scooter are not what I expected them to be. That must be a fairly old scooter because it is not made with the same type of parts that most modern electric scooters are made with. Original plug and play parts are not going to be available for that scooter however the good thing about electric scooters is they are very friendly towards being retrofitted with different parts.

A controller such as our item # SPD-241200 would work with that scooter and would fit and wire right in where the old controller was removed from. I would install a new throttle with the new controller so you know that the new throttle and controller are compatible with each other.

SPD-241200 is showing out of stock right now however we just received an order of new controllers so it will be back in stock as soon as we locate the box that they are in.

Here is how SPD-241200 would wire to the scooter.

I will let you know when these controllers are back in stock. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks, that helps a lot!

While I'm waiting for you to find the "right box" there remains two more questions:

1.  What kindsize of battery would you recommend, and

2.  I don't have a battery charger either, so what do you recommend there?

Thanks  

Lead acid batteries are the most commonly used kind of batteries on electric scooters. For a 24 Volt 900 Watt motor the minimum lead acid battery size that can be used is 18Ah. So a battery pack made with two 12 Volt 18Ah batteries would be the smallest size recommended. We sell 12 Volt 22Ah batteries for just a few dollars more then 18Ah batteries though so they are a better value. A battery pack made with 18Ah or 22Ah batteries should provide around a one hour ride time on flat ground. If you have room for larger batteries then two 12 volt 35Ah or larger batteries could be installed for a longer ride time.

We list the dimensions of these batteries on our Batteries Page.

The size of the battery charger depends on the size of the batteries. For 18Ah and 22Ah batteries a 2.5 Amp or 3 Amp charger is recommended. And for 35Ah to 50Ah batteries a 5 Amp or 6 Amp charger is recommended.

Ok, my list of stuff to buy is getting bigger, but that's fine!  I just didn't know what I needed to get. But one more quesion.  From the picture, can you tell how to hook up the wiring so I can recharge the battery without having to remove the existing wiring from normal operation?  Thanks

I can not tell from the photos how the charger was wired into the system. On some older model electric scooters the battery charger was permanently mounted inside of the scooter (inboard) and the scooter was plugged into the wall to recharge it. The current trend with electric scooters is to have the charger outside of the scooter (outboard) and plug the charger into the scooter instead of the scooter into the wall. This keeps high Voltage of the mains power from ever being attached to the scooter for safety reasons.

I am not sure however I might be seeing a battery charger in front of the motor. I definitely see an aluminum heat sink there but do not know if it is the battery charger.

With an outboard battery charger a charger port is mounted to a panel of the scooter and its leads are connected to the controller, or directly to the battery pack. 

Login or Signup to post a comment