This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Razor E100 - will run until on the ground !

Hi, I have an E100 - when I have the scooter on the work bench and manual kick start, everything seems to work fine. When I put the scooter in the ground and kick off there would appear to be no or very little power to the rear wheel. When plugged into the charger, the red lights stays on for a few moments then turns green to indicate charging complete. I have put the multimeter on the battery pack at the voltage seems ok. What else can I check or any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks Graham
Just had another look at the scooter - should I be getting a voltage if testing the charger connection (see photo) ?
IMG7476.JPG
(1.55 MB)
When an electric scooter runs with its rear wheel in the air however it will not run, or will not run with very much power, when the wheel is on the ground that is almost always due to an old or worn out battery pack.

The Voltage of a worn out battery pack will often be at a normal level when there is no load on it, but then when there is a strong load applied to the battery pack then its Voltage will drop down to a level which will not provide enough current to run the motor with very much power.

There should be the same Voltage at the charger port, or at the controller side of the charger port connector, as the battery pack has.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi - many thanks for your helpful reply. So based on the photo attached to my original Post - should I see some voltage at this connector - I believe this connects the charge port to the controller ?? I am hoping it simply a matter of replacing the bateriies but keen to see if anything else might need replaced ! Thanks again !
If the mated connectors in the photo were unplugged from each other then the side that is attached to the controller should have the same Voltage that the battery pack does. This test would not indicate that the charger port is good though, so a better test would be to test the Voltage of the charger port pins. When doing this be careful to not short circuit the pins though otherwise the charger port or its wiring may become damaged.

Another good test to perform would be to test the Voltage of the battery charger to make sure that it is working. This way you will know that it will recharge the new batteries. On the Razor E100 scooter this is very easy to do and only requires inserting the multimeter probes into the holes in the battery chargers output plug. The polarity of the charger's output plug is shown below.

The battery chargers output Voltage should be around 29 Volts DC.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment