This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

My razor e100 not going and charging light staying green

My daughter has a Razor e100 for a couple of years now and it has been running perfect.  On the weekend she was using it and whilst going up a hill it cut out. Completely dead, not even the on and off switch lighting up! I thought it might have been out of charge so tried to charge it but the green light on the charger stays green instead of going to red, although the on and off switch on the scooter does light up if switched to on whilst charging.  I opened up the scooter this evening and tested the voltage across each battery and both showing about 11.4 volts.  I also tested the voltage across the batteries whilst charging and the 11.4 volts does not increase at all.  I have also tested the voltage coming from the charger itself which is showing 25.5.   Any help would be much appreciated.

From your description it sounds like the circuit breaker may have either tripped or failed. Unless you have already done so then I recommend to try to push to reset the circuit breaker button and if that does not help then unplug the terminals from the back of it and test it for continuity.

Chances are pretty good that it has failed. We sell a lot of circuit breakers for the E100 scooter so it is a common part to go out on them.

If you need a new circuit breaker it is item # RAZ-RESET2 which is sold on this page: https://www.electricscooterparts.com/razore100.html

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment