This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

48V 1600W Controller motor not turning

Hi,

I got a brushless motor 1600W and a controller with it, I wired the 6 hall sensor cables from the motor to the controller (Red, Black, Yellow, Green and Blue) but I can't make the motor turn, when I checked the voltage of the throttle everything was fine but when I accidently touched and connected the blue wire to the black wire and it turned, and it stopped. It act like this everytime I connect the two wires together; 

I don't know how to solve this problem.

The most common cause that we have found of brushless motors not running is loose or short-circuited motor hall sensor wires. So we would start with looking at the hall sensor wires connector between the motor and controller and make sure that none of its terminals are bent over and all of the wires are properly connected to the terminals. We would test for continuity between each end of the attached hall sensor connectors to verify conductivity of the terminals. Then check for any missing hall wire insulation which could cause a short circuit.

Next, we would check the Voltage of the battery pack as the motor was being tested to make sure that it is not dropping under the low-Voltage cutoff level of the controller. Most 48 Volt controllers have a low-Voltage cutoff level of 42 Volts ± 0.5V.

If the hall sensor wires and connectors test good and the battery pack tests good then we would next test the throttle to see if it is operating within specifications.

If there are one or more brake switches plugged into the controller then we would unplug them from the controller and see if that helps.

If none of this helps to get the motor running then the problem may be with the motor or controller. Testing brushless motors and controllers require having a part that is known to be good to connect and test it to. If you do not have a spare brushless motor to connect the controller to for testing then we would be glad to test it for you in our shop to determine if it works or not. Then if the controller works you can deduce that the motor is faulty, and if the controller does not work you will know that it needs to be replaced.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi, I tested everything, and everything work, I tried to switch between the blue and the black wire but the motor started to make a little infrasound, like a bip. and the cables started to get hot.

Login or Signup to post a comment