This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?
Answered

Daymak wiring problem

Hi my name is Shawn and I was hoping to get information on wiring my Daymak Austin ebike. I bought the ebike used. I went out to buy a anti theft alarm system for it which the wire color are red, black and brown, Orange and blue. I ended up buying a used 48vdc 28A 250w controller. Their is a DC 48v ,12V 10A voltage converter wire colors are red, white,black. My harness that came with this daymak Austin wire colors are thick black wire thick red wire a yellow wire. red/white wire a black wire a red wire. Thin yellow wire thin black wire a thin black wire. Brown thin wire ,red/green wire , white/green wire and white/ blue wire that is installed in the rear. Can I please get information on wiring my daymak Austin. Thanks

Best Answer
The controller needs to have alarm connectors to be able to connect an alarm to it. If the controller has connectors for an alarm then they should look like these and the alarm will plug directly into them.

If the controller does not have these connectors then it does not have an alarm function so the alarm cannot be connected to it.

Answer
The controller needs to have alarm connectors to be able to connect an alarm to it. If the controller has connectors for an alarm then they should look like these and the alarm will plug directly into them.

If the controller does not have these connectors then it does not have an alarm function so the alarm cannot be connected to it.

Can you please tell me what wires goes into a DC 24v red 12v yellow earth black? My harness has a thick red wire a thick black wire and a yellow . the harness also has red, black and red/white strip. I have the thick red wire and thick black wire connected to the 48v controller. Did i hook the wires in the wrong

We are not familiar with the Daymak Austin electric bike's wiring so we do not know the functions of its wires. We would need to see wiring directions for the controller and bike in order to know what the wire functions are and how they would connect together. Do you happen to have wiring directions for the controller and scooter?

Its to the ignition switch . the with wire colors are thick red wire a medium size black and medium size yellow. I am getting a bit confused on wiring became there is another set of wires. There is a red wire but its reading a negative . does that wire go into the converter ?
Unfortunately, we are not able to determine how to wire controllers to wiring harnesses through words because they are too ambiguous for wiring as complex as speed controllers. Pinout diagrams and wiring diagrams are the universal language of electronics and are what we need to be able to figure out and advise on how to wire the scooter.

If you could provide us with a pinout diagram for the controller along with a pinout diagram that you create for the loose wires on the scooter's wiring harness then we would be able to help.

You could draw a pinout diagram for the loose wires on the harness that is as simple as this:

And the controller's pinout diagram could look something like this:

Then we would be able to offer advice on how to wire the harness to the controller.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi I have a four wire connector to wired and I am asking for help. I would need to know what wires to connect to these for wires that operate the breaks and throttle. These wires are green/red, brown, green/white and blue/ white. Can you tell me what color wires that would go into these wires please
We do not have a wiring diagram of the Daymak electric bike so we do not know what wires to connect the parts to.

Login or Signup to post a comment