This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Charger not fully charging scooter

My EVT-4000r is not fully charging. I think it is my charger. CHR-48V5AEVT. The fan in the charger seems to only come on for a second abd then go off. Is there a way to fix it?

That charger has an output fuse which may have blown out. The output fuse holder is located on the charger case end plate near the output cord. Sometimes the elements in these type of fuses blow out under their metal end cap so the fuse looks good but is actually blown out. For this reason, we recommend testing the fuse for continuity with a multimeter to confirm its condition.

Please let us know how it goes.

If I need a new fuse, what type is it and where can I get one?
Sorry for the late reply. That charger was out of stock until today so I could not check the fuse until now. I just checked and the output fuse is a 10 Amp GMA fuse. We sell this fuse for $0.95 on this page: https://www.electricscooterparts.com/fuses.html

If there is an electronic components store in your area then they should also carry this fuse.

Login or Signup to post a comment