This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

rear drive tire spins backwards

my 60volt rear drive tire spins the wrong way

2 people have this question

Is the motor a brushed type with two thick wires, or a brushless type with three thick wires?

Brushless. Ive swappef the blue and green the tire didnnt move at all any thing else i can. Try?
There must be something else i can try please help.
With a brushless motor, the best method for reversing it is to see if the controller has self-learning wires. Self-learning wires are not on all BLDC controllers, however, if they are then they are usually two green or two white wires with small black connectors on the wire ends that can be plugged together.

If the controller has self-learning wires then here are instructions to program the controller:
  1. Prop the motor driven wheel or wheels of the vehicle off of the ground so they can spin freely.
  2. With the power switch off, verify that the battery pack, throttle, pedal assist sensor (if applicable), and motor are connected to the controller.
  3. Connect the self-learning wires together.
  4. Turn the power switch on.
  5. Slowly engage the throttle to its full throttle position and then return the throttle back to its zero throttle position.
  6. Disconnect the self-learning wires.
If the motor spins forward then the calibration procedure is complete.
If the motor spins backward then follow the additional programming instructions below. 
  1. Turn the power switch off
  2. Connect the self-learning wires together.
  3. Turn the power switch on.
  4. Slowly engage the throttle to its full throttle position and then return the throttle position back to its zero position.
  5. Disconnect the self-learning wires.
  6. Reconnect the self-learning wires.
  7. Slowly engage the throttle to its full throttle position and return the throttle back to its zero throttle position.
  8. Disconnect the self-learning wires.
The motor should now spin forward and the calibration procedure is complete.
If the controller functions abnormally, turn the power switch off for 10 seconds and follow the programming instructions again.

If the controller does not have self-learning wires then try different combinations of connecting the motor coil wires to the controller's motor coil wires. No harm can be done from any combinations of these wire colors as long as one of the wire colors is the same. Here is an example.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice I haven't tried it going to do let you know
I solved that problem but now it won't turn but if I put battery charger to drive wires it will any idea what is wrong

If the motor only runs only when the battery charger is connected that points towards power from the battery pack not reaching the controller due to a problem with the wiring harness, fuse/breaker, or switch. Or if the battery pack power is reaching the controller then to an old, worn out, or faulty battery pack that is dropping too much Voltage under load. 

With the charger not connected, the wiring harness plug that goes to the controller can be unplugged and tested to see if it has Voltage to determine if the battery pack power is reaching the controller. If the battery pack power is reaching the controller then the battery pack can be load tested using the directions on our Battery Pack Load Test Procedure page. 

Login or Signup to post a comment