This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

New guy here with Schwinn s1000 question.

I just picked up a Schwinn s1000 on Craigslist. It needs new tires and tubes and batteries. My question is this: how do you remove the rear wheel from the axle?

I have the motor assembly off he scooter and want to polish the rear wheel. Right now i'm fighting the 2.5mm hex screws that hold the disc brake.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tom 

The Schwinn S1000 scooter was made with two different powertrains, so how to remove the rear wheel depends on what type of powertrain it has. Does your scooter have chain drive or is it a direct drive (gear drive) version that does not use a chain?

My S1000 has the direct drive powertrain. No visable chain.

I was hping to find a video on youtube, but no luck there.

Tom

The rear axle should have axle caps over both ends of it that look like this.

These axle caps can be removed by taking out the four bolts that connect them to the swingarm. Then the axle along with the motor and wheel can be slid off of the swingarm to remove them. The motor, axle, and wheel will all stay together during removal.

The motor, gearbox, and axle are all one assembly. Once the wheel and motor assembly have been removed from the swingarm then the wheel can be removed from the axle by sliding it off. Here is what the motor assembly looks like with the wheel removed from it.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

That picture matches exactly what I have. I have disassembled motor, gearbox, axel but the wheel is stuck on the axle. I'm guessing the wheel is corroded onto the axle and now that I know that it should just slide off the axle I'll get a little more aggressive with it. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.

Smiles, Tom  

I WONT TO UP GRAD A SCHWINN 500 TO A 1000 .WITH A 36 VOLT AND 45 AMPS .WILL THE MOTOR FIT ,THE 500 DOS NOT CLIME HILLS TO WELL .

Hi Ross, does your Schwinn 500 scooter have chain or gear drive to the rear wheel?

CHAIN

For modifying a Schwinn 500 electric scooter with chain drive to 1000 Watts our MOT-SD361000 or MOT-SD36100FW would be the right choice. 

These motors are available on this page: https://www.electricscooterparts.com/motors36volt.html

I NEED A NEW  REAR SPROCKET AND CHANE TO FIT THE NEW MOTOR .MODEL MY1020 AND THIS MOTOR  WONT FIT ON THE OLD CHAN GARD .

NOW I NEED A NEW CHAN AND REAR SPROCKET AND IT WONT FITE ON MY OLD CHANE GARD

We are having a problem understanding, could you please try rephrasing the question?

I BOUT A -361000 /MODEL MY1020 IT CAME WITH A DIFFERENT SPROCKET ON IT  .MY OLD CHANE WILL NOT FIT .,AND I NEED A REAR SPROCKET AND MOTOR MOUNTS

We do not carry MY1020 motor mounts so those may need to be custom made, however, we do carry wheel sprockets and freewheels and chain which will fit the Schwinn S1000 and work with the 1000 Watt MY1020 motor's sprocket. 

The 1000 Watt MY1020 motor has a sprocket for 8mm chain. We sell this chain on our 8mm Chain Page

We carry wheel sprockets for 8mm chain that will fit the S1000 when used in conjunction with a freewheel. 

The sprockets for 8mm chain are available on our 8mm Chain Sprockets Page and the freewheels are available on our Freewheel Clutches Page

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment