This forum is in read-only mode. Please continue to browse, but replies are disabled for now. Why?

Battery problem

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a emmo titan e bike and i replaced the battery's cause i thought my old ones were dead but i am haveing the same problem. My bike willcharge and say 68.5 volts but soon as i give it throtle the volts drop down to 58.5. I am only getting about 11km per charge. Does anyone have an idea as to what could be wrong? Thankyou Chris

I searched online and found that the Emmo Titan has a 60 Volt 20Ah battery pack and 500 Watt motor. 11km (7 Miles) is a very low range for a battery pack and motor of these sizes to have unless the bike is being used in an area with steep hills.

Dragging brakes can cause loss of range so it would be a good idea to check and see if the wheels spin by hand without resistance.

A 10 Volt drop for a 60 Volt battery pack that is under a 10 Amp (600 Watt) load is high. It is possible that the controller has a 20 or 30 Amp current limit though in which case a 10 Volt drop would be more normal. 

If the problem were not with the battery pack then the lost energy would have to go somewhere and turn into heat. So unless one of the bike's electrical parts is getting extremely hot while the bike is being driven then the problem would be with the battery pack.

We recommend to remove the batteries and have them load tested at a battery store. This will determine if there is a problem with one of them.

If the batteries all test good then please let us know and we can take it from there. 

Login or Signup to post a comment